mk1 punto sporting owner needs help

Currently reading:
mk1 punto sporting owner needs help

markyb87

Hi, i have just purchased a punto sporting 1.6 and was wondering where the best place is to buy oil /air filters, plugs, discs/pads etc.? I have never owned a fiat as always owned VW's and was wondering if there is a Fiat version of euro car parts? or is it halfords for me!

i also have a problem with the sunroof on the car, it won't close fully- is this a coomon fault? if so if anyone can lead me to some threads that would be cool.

kind regs

M

I found the same problem with Euro car parts and they dont stock much for fiats ..all I ever got when I went there was we are in the process of stocking up on fiat parts and that was two years ago :rolleyes:

Welcome to the noob (y)

Dooooooont go to Halfords any other motor factor will do.
I assume you have a MK2 and the sunroof is electric. Now i dont think your stupid but is the sunroof just open a slight notch. If so its probably you not shutting it properly you have to catch it at just the right time otherwise it starts to tilt. When i had a punto it took me ages to figure out so i bought a Stilo without a sunroof.
If its definatly not that then let us know im sure that somebody will have a solution especially if you do a post in the punto section.

thanks for the tips, it's a MK1 punto sporting 96'

the sunroof motor works it moves the sun roof back but the the roof does not tilt/move down and close so it's stuck open an inch on tilt,

now the weather is turning sh*te i could do with getting this sorted, i'll have a go later and see how i get on, it looks like its maybe it's jamming on one of the runners, im not fussed if it' don't work, just want it closed for the winter.

cheers for the tips on the filters/parts factors people.

Hi and welcome.

Have a look on the front part of the hole your sunroof sits into (does that make sense? lol)

Inside you should see a metal bar that goes from one side of the hole to the other. This should push up and down a little way. When the sunroof is shutting it should push this downwards...but sometimes they get stuck. So if you push it while you close your roof it might just sort your problem. (y) just mind your fingers ;) lol

And once they are unstuck they normally work ok from then on (y)

Back