17.JPG

Punto (Mk1) Mk1 punto minus rub strips equals...

Introduction

Nice :)

My cosuins car, we did it today and he's really pleased with it. All thats left to do is to lower it 40mm on he says and a little spoiler and thats all he wants :p and some 'minor' engine mods too as he already had a mckritch.
Do you think it suits it?
25.JPG

17.JPG

34.JPG

DSC000162.JPG

Thanks

A and R
Jordan
https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC000162.JPG
Looks sweet, how long it take and any problems?
I'd suggest

1. Side skirts
2. New alloys
3. Tints
4. Debadge back & front

Then it'd look real clean

Last edited:
took 6 hours for one side as they were differnt, they disted when they were took off and were bonded on in several places with sikaflex which wasa nightmare, but the cars hada scrape down that side so it say its been resprayed and aftermarket ones fitted, but teh original drivers side took all of 10mins, they just ripped off and the foam/stickery stuff just wiped off with thinners. Dead easy (y)

Jordan

nice colour... take it its his first car! The alloy ent tht bad, totally agree with the lowering 40mm and little spoiler will be (y) and maybe nothing OTT exhaust, just something tidy! I dont fink the bumpers should be fully colour coded as the black break up the colour and look spot on! Not bad for a 5door either :)

Hmm, removing the rub strips makes it look like a base model as they didn't come with them! Having rub strips meant you could afford a higher spec model :p

Not sure what I think to be honest. The strips help break up the side view of the car and stops it from looking so slabby. I'll keep an open verdict on this, but will say that my rub strips are staying on ;)

lol alot of ppl say to leave my car non c/c now. its goin on ebay agen soon so i wont get the chance to put my smoothed GT front bumper on with smoothed dtm splitter either, but it wil b goin cheap to anyone if they want it :p

Thanks for the comments on my cousins 5dr, yes its his first car, hes got a custom exhaust on with twin side exit atm that i made for him (cat back). few ppl say they think de-rub stripping the side makes it look strange but i like it, anyway its stil good to hear everyones opinions, keep them coming:)

Jordan

that looks fantastic, my car is exactly the same as that (apart from being a 3 door)

mines going in for colour coding next week, i think i might have to do that on mine, looks lovely.

Ste (homz) said:
that looks fantastic, my car is exactly the same as that

Mine's a five door, with the same kind of fabric on the interior and everything :)

I've got the clear indicators and side repeaters, but not the alloys... basic standard steelies. I've removed the '60' wing badges, and am considering debadging the rest too.

Having seen this, I think I might remove the rubstrips :) Only bother is that some old dear at tesco's might whack my doors to crap :(

Looks great with the black bits on the bumper in my opinion, wouldn't bother cc'ing them. The wing mirrors on the other hand, would look a lot better colour coded (another job I have planned) along with the door and boot handles (yup, more little jobs I have planned...)

After that, I'd leave well alone :)

have a look in my gallery mate, i colour coded by mirrors, same colour as that car so will give you a good idea of what it would look like :)

Looking good, i would remove the 60 badges and change the wheels to something a bit chunkier/slabyer i think punto's without bump-strips look good but need the chunky wheels to set it off nicely. Agree its gonna look good lowered. Only other thing i'd do is stop the aerial sticking almost striaght up, make it like the one on your car ;)

Ste -yeh does look good, i'll get them sprayed up for him.

Blu - lol i will do re. the ariel and i think hes gona see what it looks like on a 60mm drop with those wheels then maybe change them if they dont look good with the drop. Yeh hope the new owner of my car is keeping mine well, they havnt been on here yet

Jordan

faster4_tec said:
ashtray:yuck:

you don't want to smoke in your car, you can't see out for the gunk that sticks to all the windows, smoke out the window and scorch the paint instead:rolleyes:

didn't know you are at uni, wherbouts?

Lol no, she doesnt smoke, and niether do i, its just a massive hole with exposed screws where one should be, looks crap (yes even ina micra lol)

I personally am not at Uni, was going to be going to help a mate move back home from newcastle (dont know which one) uni today after 6weeks, he hates the course (civil engineering) and wanted to find an appreticeship instead but i went to the sale today so didnt manage to give him a hand, and hes found his own apprenticeship now anyway

SO... i never got to the scrappies to see if there was an ariel of a late cinq/sei lol

Jordan

Back