General MK1 Punto Lowering

Currently reading:
General MK1 Punto Lowering

gmax springs 60mm drop (£60) and gmax shocks (front £35 each i fink) from MPC in Walsall, be advised iv neva had more then 1 person in the back tho.

well i only really drive to work, and spin about with my mates. So theres not normally any more than one in the back. lol. :) Is there a website i can go on, to order?

Ohh what a gem. haha! Nice one mate. Thanks. I'd rather lower it more for less money :) thanks :)

dcsportz, have you ever looked at your sump? the underside of your bumper?

im 40mm on 16s, and have scraped my sump on large speed bumps, and just about make multi storeys. i even scraped the underside of my bumper on a curb :(

if you are planning splitters or aftermarket bumpers, 60mm on 16s will definately scrape.

Naah im not planning nothing with the bumpers. You think 60mm drop is a bit much? will the ride quality be awful? I guess 50mm front, and 40mm back would still be low, i'll have a think

Last edited:
mattmk1- Did you uprate the shockers when replacing the springs? and if not how long have you had them on and have you had any problems or needed to replace the shockers.

Cheers

I've been running standard shocks on 40mm drop for about two years.

Ride is rough, but I can deal with it. Find it hard to justify £50ish a corner for decent shocks on a car that I've already wasted quite a lot on :eek:

dcsportz, have you ever looked at your sump? the underside of your bumper?

im 40mm on 16s, and have scraped my sump on large speed bumps, and just about make multi storeys. i even scraped the underside of my bumper on a curb :(

if you are planning splitters or aftermarket bumpers, 60mm on 16s will definately scrape.

I honestly had no problems with any speed bumps or any scrapes, my bumpers were ok i even had a laguna splitter on it (have a pic if u wanna c) n everyfin was ok, n i had no marks on my oil sump either, the ride was fairly bumpy and it wasnt that bad because my mom drove it for 2 months and had no probs with anyfin, do have to watch out for curbs tho cuz it will hit your bumper but if your careful u'l be ok

Back