Technical Mk1 Punto Airbag?

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 Punto Airbag?

RoadRage-Sophie

Does anyone know if the airbag system has a seperate ECU from the engine ECU? if it does can someone tell me where it is. Just bought a Haynes manuel and there is no mention of it.

I am not to sure about it coz it says airbag sensor, and do you know where the actual sensors are that get triggered off are, because most cars are under the seat and maybe it could be built into the ecu. Plea:worship: se advise.

The airbag system on your car is pretty simple - the airbags and pretensioners only go off on the ecu's sayso - the sensor sometimes called a crash sensor is all built in to the ecu.

When you have a crash, you come to a stop very very quickly.

The force of this makes a metal ball in the ecu move and completes an electrical circuit - thus firing the airbags etc.

My ecu is knacked on mine, having a lot of probs. Took it into Fiat garage, as airbag light came on. Done a few tests, and they said it needs this part, was quoted 300 squid, can get of scrappy for 15-25 squid. Only prob is can't find another punto with twin airbags. It baffled the garage, baffled the lads out of motorworld, so Im just gonna take it off, till I find one. Anyone wanna take a look they are gladly welcome!:)

Off topic a bit - what punto you got ? is it an elx or 6 speed ? I have seen front and passenger before so there not that rare TBH.

See what happens when you disconnect the ecu - does the warning light stay on ?

Back