Technical mk1 head gasket

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 head gasket

punto max

what other parts will i need to change when i do my haed gasket? i have had my thermostat changed on monday and now my head gaskets gone 2 day. max(n)

Oil + Oil Filter
Spark Plugs?
Probably a radiator Flush
New Head Bolts
New HeadGasket Kit
New Head - If the current one is cracked

I Cant think of owt else but these i think are what you will need to consider getting anyway
But someone else who's done a change should be able to tell you everything you'll need

Ziggy

cambelt, waterpump, all gaskets ie inlet exhaust etc jubilie clips if its never been done before

Do the water pump and have the coolant system flushed, have the head skimmed or replaced if you think its cracked. Remeber to replace the coolant with antifreeze mix.
The headgasket itself normally doesnt fail, its normally the head that fails because of a fault somewhere else (water pump/thermostat). Even though the thermostat was changed for a new one i would do a test on it in a saucepan of water to check it opens.
Do the cambet/tensioner and change the plugs at the same time just because you take them off. If you buy a gasket set you will get all the gaskets you need but just check that they are all in the kit just in case.

Back