silver_bullet_003.JPG

Punto (Mk1) Mk1 85 Elx

Introduction

The hencree! (or dodgem or silver bullet) was looking a bit sorry for itself when i finished work so gave it a wash...before i decided to hate it again.
And now my to do list after the mot 1st the mismatch on the front wing a temp repair thats still going nine months on.

second the tin worm i only noticed a few days ago...also need some wheel cleaner!

Third the engine bay, note the lack of cover over the starter solenoid so I can bring the pain if its playing up

Right update time, car is booked in for 25th to get the front wing sprayed, the dent in the end of the bonnet taken out as best as possible and the massive a**e dent in the rear quarter pulled. Thought if it was going to be going to Donny as a show car should at least tidy it up a bit, after donny its going up for sale.

Its back smelling of paint and lacquer!
First back passenger panel, this wasn't very obvious in the earlier shots mainly cos they were taken to show it off at its best but it had a headbutt dent in this panel. Now just a small indent but hardly anything noticeable unless you are looking.

second the nose around the badge...if you look at the previous nose on photo it has some mad dents around the badge where a garage had severe difficulty getting the stuck bonnet open, due to the placing and strengthening on the end of the bonnet its not perfect but heaps better

Third what was previously the cars' worst angle where the mismatched wing and dents were really very obvious indeed...looks allright!

Needs a serious clean, a wax e.t.c. and some touch in but getting better.

looks good, if i was a punto man and had money id buy it(y)

Cheers for the kind words (to everyone else too btw)
Actually debating wisdom of selling it atm its M.O.Td till this time next year taxing tomorrow, new boots on the front... looking the best it has when i've ever had it, running sweet, not rattling or banging...maybe i'll keep it for a bit to enjoy the hard work...see how I feel post donny and loch lomond uni trip in it!

Cheers for the kind words (to everyone else too btw)
Actually debating wisdom of selling it atm its M.O.Td till this time next year taxing tomorrow, new boots on the front... looking the best it has when i've ever had it, running sweet, not rattling or banging...maybe i'll keep it for a bit to enjoy the hard work...see how I feel post donny and loch lomond uni trip in it!

sounds like a good plan too me, its in a very good state and brilliantly shiney too for a mk1:)

edit.
ive just realised i made myself look a idiot you had it sprayed:p

Last edited:
The centre console helps as well, had a 55s before this and that looked pants inside by comparison despite being largely the same.

Last edited:
You've got your Swift now, but still... I'd be searching around for another Mk1.

Theres just 'something' about them. Really simple cars, big inside, especially 5 door. Just a really good value car. I miss my 60SX and I have a GP now.

Back