Technical mk1 55sx gear problems

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 55sx gear problems

geckorich

hi all,
I've just done a clutch change on my 1.1 55sx, and now seem to have minimal gearing. i can put it iinto what should be first, put she pulls away as if in 2/3, and my new clutch has started to slip badly as a result.
the only things i can think of, is my step dad played with the linkages whilst the box was removed, and the box dropped whilst being refitted, would either f these cause anything internally to move out of alignment?
any help would be gratefully recieved,

played with the linkages

Depends what they did "played with".
My guess - and only a guess sorry - is that either, the gears are wrong or the release bearing / fork are not on properly.

When we did the clutch we didnt drop gearbox. just pop it open, take it out and replace. so im not 100% on the issues ur having.

I belive you should mark the position of the gear links if taking gearbox out, our ford feista engine swap required us to mark out then postion the links attached to gearbox. we had no issues refitting after doing this..

Lastly, is the system bled? clutch may not engage/disengauge, if not, the bleed nipple is on top of clutch slave(y)

Back