DSCI1556.JPG

Panda (Classic) Mk1 4x4 Panda (Original)

Introduction

Here is Qing Qing, a rescued panda that came close to death
I completed the majority in less than a year and here she is now:

DSCI1556.JPG

Before she was a bit worse!

DSCI1559.JPG
Reactions: albyhf
I came across this page in the manual. I have a dial gauge but not the V blocks unfortunately.

Totally need to make a copy of that workshop manual you have! I have a cool app now (see totally "with it") which uses the camera as a scanner and automatically picks up on the page edges and crops it. So would just need to snap snap snap through it :D...maybe at the next Panda social of some sort? :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Totally need to make a copy of that workshop manual you have! I have a cool app now (see totally "with it") which uses the camera as a scanner and automatically picks up on the page edges and crops it. So would just need to snap snap snap through it :D...maybe at the next Panda social of some sort? :D

P.m. me your address and I'll post it too you on loan(y)

I wanted to make a sump guard similar to yours to use in Panda Raid 2017.
What's the size of the 3mm sheet of aluminium you used for the sump guard?

I wanted to make a sump guard similar to yours to use in Panda Raid 2017.
What's the size of the 3mm sheet of aluminium you used for the sump guard?

Hi Paul,

The sump gaurd is 75cm wide. My car is parked up against a gate at the moment so couldn't measure how long it was. But you will need to measure this on your car as yours will be different I expect...unless your car is the early type (before year 1986).

When you make it for your car I recommend that it goes back under the car up to where the exhaust downpipe meets the mid section (the flexible bit). This should protect your gear linkages as well (y)

Also be careful, it does make the engine get hotter. Might be worth cutting air vents into the front like I have as a minimum size.

Hope that helps! Good luck with the preparations! :slayer:

Hey Si how's the MOT preparations coming along? I see it was Qing qings birthday (well registration) a couple of days ago.

Yes Me and the Car have turned 30 now :devil:

She passed her MOT in the second take...due to severely incorrect brake issue!...likely a historical Italy trip damage...scary we may have driven back with it like this!

WP_20160302_13_24_12_Pro.jpg

This is going to knacker the spread sheet stats for 'time between issue and fix'.

Win for the MK1's dual circuit master cylinder though?

Indeed this has ruined my ppm (Panda Pain Matrix).

The only reason this didn't result in death down that really steep hill we lived on in Italy was how well this had sealed itself. Could literally stand on the brake pedal and not a drip came out! Other rear wheel worked fine!! :eek:

My trekking received the same type of damage. I reversed and hit wth suspension elements a very rotten tree trunk. It shattered but was still strong enough to flatten the copper brake pipe though.

Last edited:
Back