Technical Mk 2 Punto central locking stopped working

Currently reading:
Technical Mk 2 Punto central locking stopped working

joimoi289

Hi! We have a 3 door 52 plate Punto Mk2 and the central lokcing stopped working, had no problems with it before. I have checked the fuse, its fine, have checked the relay, cant find it but I can here it clicking when I lock and unlock the doors so I am presuming thats also ok.

Do you think it could be a faulty solenoid on the drivers side? You have to lock both doors individually.

Cheers

J

Are you a 3 door or 5 door?

Do the rear doors react as well as the passenger door when you lock from the passengers side? (if you are a 5dr)

If it does it means the fault is within the Driver side door as said

Ziggy

Hi, its a 3 door. J

Right - that kinda hinders the idea se'in in the rear doors lock with the passenger door....

erm.... Right....

Does the passenger door open the driver door as well? or do both need opening and locking manually?

Ziggy

You have to open and lock each door, using the lock on the passenger does not open or lock the driver's door and using the lock on the drivers door does not lock or unlock the passenger door.

Hi, I am still having problems with my central locking. Have had the doors apart today but still cant find anything obviously wrong.

To recap, my car has only manual central locking not remote and it was working fine then just stopped working. You have to lock/unlock both doors individually. The fuse is fine and I can hear the relay making a noise when I lock a door, its goes click click (2clicks). I know the relay is located under the steering wheel to the right with the fuse box etc but I cant find the central locking relay? I am presuming the relay is ok because I can hear it clicking. So I was thinking it could be a solenoid in one of the doors? I noticed somebody had been into the drivers door before me.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem is or what we can do to fix it? Am tempted to take it to Fiat.

Cheers

door locks are pretty sturdy but everything wears out
my moneys on the loom connector door to A post though, either a high resistance or a broken wire
TRY HAVING THE DOOR OPEN CLOSE THE CATCH WITH A SCREWDRIVER AS IF IT WAS SHUT AND THEN SEE IF ANYTHING WORKS
ALSO PULL UP THE LOOM CONNECTER locking device and make and break the loom connecter 10 times oops caps
quickest way to confirm is to borrow another door off a punto and try their key in their lock (dont laugh)

dont go to fiat it would be cheaper to buy a new abarth 500

door locks are pretty sturdy but everything wears out
my moneys on the loom connector door to A post though, either a high resistance or a broken wire
TRY HAVING THE DOOR OPEN CLOSE THE CATCH WITH A SCREWDRIVER AS IF IT WAS SHUT AND THEN SEE IF ANYTHING WORKS
ALSO PULL UP THE LOOM CONNECTER locking device and make and break the loom connecter 10 times oops caps
quickest way to confirm is to borrow another door off a punto and try their key in their lock (dont laugh)

dont go to fiat it would be cheaper to buy a new abarth 500

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried the open door and screwdriver method, I can hear the relay but the other dorr does not open or lock. I have also disconnected the connector to the both door solenoids and cleaned the contacts, made no difference.

I will check the wires bewteen the doors now though.
Cheers

Just checked the door connections, disconnected and reconnected them loads and cleaned them with electrical cleaner. no difference.
We were having a problem locking and unlocking the passenger door, it just wouldnt do it, but its working fine now. aprt from the central locking that is.

An update on the central locking. Today the drivers door would not lock with the key. So I got in the passenger side to lock it from the inside, it still would not lock. I tried locking the passenger door from the inside, that locked but then I could not unlock it! Had to open the door with the handle and it felt very hard. Eventually after many many attempts at locking with the key the drivers door locked.

I havent got a clue whats going on?

Hi, I have a similar problem where my passenger door locks and unlocks both doors but my driver side door locks and unlocks by itself and makes no noise or clicks asif it's powerless!
Any ideas?

Thanks carl

Hi, I have a similar problem where my passenger door locks and unlocks both doors but my driver side door locks and unlocks by itself and makes no noise or clicks asif it's powerless!
Any ideas?

Thanks carl

central locking unit in the door is probably faulty or some bad connection in the door loom, or do you maybe mean when you got car doors opened and you lock it and it unlocks all doors by itself?

Back