General Mk 1 Panda parts

Currently reading:
General Mk 1 Panda parts

does anyone have parts for a early panda (pre 86 roughly). In particular i'm looking for a pair of doors and possibly a rear hatch, but if u have got any parts that are particular to the Mk 1 then let me know!!:D can never have too many spares!

Cheers
Si:D

Im affraid not:( , have looked into that, the seat marbella has similar doors cos of the quater light but there is ribbing or wavy patter on the bottom of the mk 1 doors and sills that they didnt bother with on the seat's. I think the hatch is slightly different aswell, althought the numberplate is in the right place!
Cheers neways
Si

We coverd this one before... (oh someone look it up:D )

but I think that the doors are ok as the ribbed bit is hidden behind the Seat door trim but the hatch is a unique design that will fit but will look different to the Fiat one...

Jim

From the Whisky/whiskey drinking one.....

Hi,
The Marbella doors are the original Mk 1 Panda doors and, yes, the trim does cover the corrugations. These doors are galvanised (unlike the Panda ones) and, therefore are much longer lasting.

Jim

Mmmmmm galvanised doors! :D I know wats on my shopping list now, thats about a whole summers work cut out as i feared i would have to try to restore the existing ones.
Also do the marbella's have the 965cc in them or do they use the FIRE?

Spanish automaker SEAT also produced a version of the Panda. Up to 1983, SEAT lacked their own designs and only made rebadged versions of Fiat cars, through a licence agreement between the two firms. Thus, there exists a Spanish version of the Panda called the SEAT Panda, produced from 1981 to 1986. After Fiat sold their share in SEAT in 1983 and the licence agreement was over, the whole SEAT Fiat-clone model range was quickly given the least possible changes so that Fiat couldn't sue SEAT on the basis of patent infringement. The SEAT Panda had its front and rear lights and panel shapes redesigned and was marketed as a SEAT Marbella from 1986 to 1998.

Going by that they'd be nothing from a MK2 in a Seat Marbella....

Jim

Early marbella's had the fiat 903cc, later the Autobianchi maybe, then a VW polo unit. Its also said they made 200 4x4 rally specials with golf 4x4 and 200bhp g60 engines.

I fitted a door off an L reg Marbella on my 45CL. Corrugation is under that plastic tat. You can do it but it can be a tw@t.

I welded up the trim holes, and I even went to the effort of cutting out the 'Seat' logo on the inside of the door and welded in the 'Fiat' logo from the old door :eek:

Problems encountered were when fitting the internals. There is some extra metal near the window runner under the quaterlight that needs cutting out, but you can only get to it using a Dremel.

Also there are no 'square' holes for the screw holders that you fasten the longer door pockets on with. The door pocket will fit, but you have to mark the holes, drill them, and use your existing screws as self tappers.

Also the top hinge is welded to the door, as opposed to bolted on the Panda. This isn't a problem, but the Marbella hinge is thicker, so you have to force the hinge cover on, very gently, I used a rubber mallet.

Not major problems, but best to be aware of them.

Vin

Man i forgot bout the badge on the inside, i supose i could just stick a badge over the top, easy enough to find sum small enamal 1's or summit! The rest seems a bit like a bitch tho. If i can find a marbella door cheap enough:confused:
Cheers for the info, gonna have to have a think on this 1

Cheers
Si

Back