mixer actuator malfunction

Currently reading:
mixer actuator malfunction

F

fbarcode

Hi all,

The car is Marea 2001 1.9 JTD, left hand drive.

I've got err cli message with code 65 (mixer actuator malfunction). It seems that mixer is stuck in 'hot' position. Can anyone tell me where is that mixer (I guess it's some sort of flap which goes from side to side and it is probably stuck). Should I try to access it from the behind the glove department (mechanics did this when replaced small heater radiator), or should I try to reach it from under the bonnet (dismantle the fan and start digging downwards). Any help would be very usefull, thanks.

Could be the hot and cold dial on the centre console. Best to remove the console and check all the cables, wires are ok and working properly.

Dunno if its the same on UK and EU cars, but on the EU ones there the mixer (motor) is on the drivers side wall of the center console.
When you remove the side plastic plate and the upper carpet you will see it. Its mounted with 3 screws and has a connector on it.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

OMG, my mistake, it's RIGHT hand drive, not the left :)))) I was in another discussion regarding left-right hand drive advantages, so I made an error, sorry. So it's the EU car, not UK.

Thank you both, I'll try to determine the cause, but what do you think would be the most probable cause, the faulty switch/wiring, or the broken/burnt motor? Maybe I could get to the motor connector first and measure the voltage while turning the air temperature switch around?

If it says 65 its the mixture actuator, can be that its just stuck, fallen from the flap, burned motor or the potentiometer in the actuator is not functioning right.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site