Technical Missing

Currently reading:
Technical Missing

Lee Bristol

Hi my 96 punto convertible starts missing when engine is warm
Changed plugs leads and coil pack but still no change
Heard today could be the fuel pump
Anyone had this before?

any updates Lee? I agree this is classic early signs of failing or dirty crank sensor, heat tends to cause issues at first and it'll get steadily worse until it hardly runs or doesnt at all. Its quite hard to be sure its the crank sensor until it fails completely as you then loose all fuel and spark, so hard to confirm when its intermittent - but it will often result in the engine management light flickering but not staying on - the ecu records a code for multiple misfire rather than the crank sensor itself unless the sensor goes full open circuit.

Let us know how you get on ;)

Thanks for the replys blu73
Spoke to a mate of mine who’s a mechanic and he said fuel pump straight away
he also said a lot of people do the plugs leads and coil pack before finding this out
He’s right cause that what I did 🤣
Fitted today 🤞🏻

Thanks for the replys blu73
Spoke to a mate of mine who’s a mechanic and he said fuel pump straight away
he also said a lot of people do the plugs leads and coil pack before finding this out
He’s right cause that what I did 🤣
Fitted today 🤞🏻
I'd have changed the filter before the pump myself, if you have put in a new pump its probably worth changing the filter as well, its an inline under the car - a very commonly missed service item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173597307699 (just one example)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back