Technical Missing trim piece?

Currently reading:
Technical Missing trim piece?

Tomferrari517

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have browsed on this forum many times before since it's incredibly useful sometimes, anyway,

I own a 2004 Fiat Panda and a few years back I noticed that on the right side of the driver's footwell, there seems to be a missing trim piece since it looks too exposed to be like that from factory, especially considering that the same place on the passenger side is covered with a separate trim piece.

Coincidentally, the other day I saw a blue Panda in my street and took a peek inside only to find out that it was just like mine, no trim on the left and covered on the right which made me wonder if it was very coincidental.

The more I look at it the more it bugs me off, is it actually meant to be like that or did the piece go missing at some point?

Any insight would be appreciated!
20221015_161228.jpg20221015_161320.jpg20221015_161235.jpg

Hi, no offence but you have got the trim pieces missing on different sides mixed up?

You say yours is missing on the right but the car you looked into - has no trim on the left'?

Do you mean both cars are missing the right hand panel in the right hand foot well?

Hi, no offence but you have got the trim pieces missing on different sides mixed up?

You say yours is missing on the right but the car you looked into - has no trim on the left'?

Do you mean both cars are missing the right hand panel in the right hand foot well?
Sorry my bad, I just noticed it's poorly worded. My car is left hand drive, so what I meant is that on the driver side (left for me) the trim piece is missing (the hole in the first two photos) whereas on the passenger side (right), that whole side of the center console is covered. I think a better way to put it is if the entire center console sides should be covered in trim rather than have a hole on just one side.

Sorry my bad, I just noticed it's poorly worded. My car is left hand drive, so what I meant is that on the driver side (left for me) the trim piece is missing (the hole in the first two photos) whereas on the passenger side (right), that whole side of the center console is covered. I think a better way to put it is if the entire center console sides should be covered in trim rather than have a hole on just one side.
Oh right yea, you just missed out the tiny detail of your car being LHD..... Lol, I've got it now.

Back