Technical Missing fuse box cover in engine bay

Currently reading:
Technical Missing fuse box cover in engine bay

BobbyBox

Hi,

My first post...I've been lurking for a little while. I am now the proud owner of a 2002 Stilo 5 door with the funky sunroof.

I am trying to trace the part number for a cover that goes over the fuse panel located just above the battery in the engine bay.

Specifically the cover shown on page 198 of the owners manual in figure 58.

I can't find it on ePUR anywhere. Could I ask someone to take a look at theirs and report any product code or reference number that may be stamped/moulded into it?

Thanks
B

I am scouring ebay too!

I have attached the illustration from the manual. This refers to the removal of the cover from the fuse box situated above (but not on top of) the battery.
missingcover.jpg

I'd really like to replace this as currently all the electrics are exposed to muck and water (not a good combo especially for Fiat electrics)

thats the later modified type, from memory this comes as kit with battery tray complete (about £60)

Ok...We're getting closer.

When i purchased the vehicle there were no covers at all on or near the battery. So both fuse box covers (the one on top of the battery and the one above it) were missing...

I have found a replacement for the small fusebox on top of the battery (contains the big 150A fuse)
missingcover2.jpg

as part no 46756310 (no 2 on the diagram below)
missingcover3.jpg

However I cannot find a replacement cover for the fusebox above the battery:
missingcover.jpg

The only thing similar is as you suggest the carrier (Battery basket & lid) in the diagram below (no 2 again) as part number 51810091
missingcover4.jpg

You think this part comes with the cover also?
Although this part is a modified replacement so I guess I'd have to disconnect the wires and remove the whole battery and carrier in order to fit this component and get a good seal(I had hoped to simply fit the new lid to the existing carrier, without removing any wires or battery).

Appologies for the long post but it's really bugging me :)

Thanks

B

missingcover4.jpg

You think this part comes with the cover also?
I think you'll find all early Stilo's come with the complete battery box as you've shown above but don't come with individual fuse covers (at least mine doesn't and I've always considered it very much complete)

The most common part to become mislaid on a Stilo is SGR38115 but it's also a critical part as it keeps the electrics dry.

You don't need the little fuse cover. It's enough with the large one covering the battery and fuses, and the one covering the positive terminals on the battery. My Stilo is a 2002 model, and don't have the little fuse cover.

M.

Hi

When I bought my Stilo it had been ripped off so there was no cover at all. Got battery fuse box cover from Fiat for a tenner and then sourced the big cover from searching online. I think it was partbreak or something like that but I had to scour to find it. It cost £30 (£11 for postage) not in perfect nick but £60 is steep for new one from Fiat.

I think issue is that you have to keep unscrewing them to get to engine and so people leave them off but must admit the part is quite large so does protect from rain etc so worth getting! just keep on ringing breakers yard and get down there asap!

Thanks

You don't need the little fuse cover. It's enough with the large one covering the battery and fuses, and the one covering the positive terminals on the battery. My Stilo is a 2002 model, and don't have the little fuse cover.
missingcover3.jpg

So you've got part # 2 have you Morten because I haven't :confused:

Anyone else ?

When my wife bought her car back in 07 there was no large cover over the fuse box and battery ..so I made an enquiry about it and was told they are no longer fitted..and when I checked there are actually no fixing points on her's to fit it..cost cutting at its best..:)

When my wife bought her car back in 07 there was no large cover over the fuse box and battery ..so I made an enquiry about it and was told they are no longer fitted..and when I checked there are actually no fixing points on her's to fit it..cost cutting at its best..:)
Really?...I guess it doesn't rain much in Italy!:)
I agree with the other posters that you do need some sort of cover to keep water out of that area...

So I had seen SGR38115 I assume its the lid component that comes with the battery carrier (part no 51810091) As I can't search for SGR38115 specifically on eper.

Last edited:
Back