Technical Mirrors - 3 door vs 5 door

Currently reading:
Technical Mirrors - 3 door vs 5 door

Ragazzi, are the mirrors on the 3D the same as the 5D?

Eper is off the road at the moment so I can’t check.

Gerrard has the electric mirrors... although one less than yesterday. :( Some fat arsed Lycra Queen cyclist riding in the pavement like it was the Tour de France or something fanged one of mine off (broke the casing) and then scarpered.

#mistake
#iWILLfindyou
#teachyouanewlanguage
#pain

Meanwhile I found one the same colour at a breaker but obviously it needs to fit a 5-door.

Ralf S.

Ralf S.

Eper lists this:

3 Door =
735334744 = LH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.
735359850 = RH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.

5 Door =
735306562 = LH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.
735359852 = RH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.

The actual colour cap has the same part number for 3D & 5D on all model years if that helps. It's just the complete units which are different.

Last edited:
Ragazzi, are the mirrors on the 3D the same as the 5D?

Eper is off the road at the moment so I can’t check.

Gerrard has the electric mirrors... although one less than yesterday. :( Some fat arsed Lycra Queen cyclist riding in the pavement like it was the Tour de France or something fanged one of mine off (broke the casing) and then scarpered.

#mistake
#iWILLfindyou
#teachyouanewlanguage
#pain

Meanwhile I found one the same colour at a breaker but obviously it needs to fit a 5-door.

Ralf S.
those on 5d have the support that sits on the door a little bit bigger than 3d models

Last edited:
Shop for parts has some complete mirror assemblies and covers for 3 and 5 door Stilos reduced from about £200 down to £20 at the moment if that helps. You can find them by clicking the special offers tab, then selecting the bargain bin tab.

Ralf S.

Eper lists this:

3 Door =
735334744 = LH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.
735359850 = RH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.

5 Door =
735306562 = LH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.
735359852 = RH = Right Hand Drive + Memory Setting.

The actual colour cap has the same part number for 3D & 5D on all model years if that helps. It's just the complete units which are different.

Most excellent, ta.

I've seen a few 5dr on fleabay so I should be able to get hold of one ... but do you know what the "Memory Setting" (mod. 501) is?

I'm just worried that if my car has no "MS" but the mirror does (or vice-versa) that the electrical connectors will be different or the mirror won't work off my car's controls.

My mirrors are electric and are (possibly) heated, although the latter doesn't work.

I don't have or see any "memory" type behaviour so I suppose my mirrors are non-memory.

Will a "memory" mirror still work (the electric adjuster/heater - I wouldn't expect the mirrors to start doing memory features, if my car is not rigged for it)?

Ta,

Ralf S.

Last edited:
Mirrors with the memory setting were only fitted to cars with electrically adjustable and heated seats. 3 buttons on the side of the driver's seat would adjust the seat and mirrors for 3 different drivers. It would also dip the passenger side mirror to the kerb when reverse gear was selected.

Memory mirrors are about 3 times the price of normal mirrors, so they probably contain additional electronic components. Therefore the connectors will probably be different.

Attachments

• Seat Switches.jpg
    Seat Switches.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 34
Ralf S.

3 Door (Non Memory):
735334743 = REAR VIEW MIRROR LH
735359849 = REAR VIEW MIRROR RH

5 Door (Non Memory):
735306560 = REAR VIEW MIRROR LH
735359851 = REAR VIEW MIRROR RH

I'm guessing they are different part numbers due to the shape of the base plate and the front doors.

Covers are all still the same part number as before.

Okaydokey...

I found a seconda mano mirror on t'internet for £14. The seller (car breaker) has no idea what model it came from :D but it has a Tiziano red cover which looks in good condition, so I bought it, just to get the cover.

If the rest of the mirror fits my 5-door then bonus but I don't need it for the moment, so it can go into the shed.

Meanwhile another seller has a brace of brand new old stock genuine part Fiat mirrors without covers, sadly.. at £11 each. One is a 735306560 (i.e. correct part for Gerrard) and the other is 735334740 which I can't find on ePer or in the posts above but is just £11... so probably worth a punt.

I decided to take a punt and bought both of them since my mirrors' black plastic is very faded and old looking (trim restorer does the business for a week or so but they quickly go grey again). I'll replace my old mirrors with these new ones, which will improve the appearance and may also fix the non-working heated elements. Let's see.

Meanwhile.. a van that parks just along the kerb from where my car lives, also got its mirror kicked in yesterday .. :eek: so the cyclists who speed along that pavement (mostly adult men, I have to say) just became an endangered species.

If you read of someone bludgeoning a cyclist to death with a blunt axe in Newport... that's me, that is.. :D

Ralf S.

Okaydokey...

I found a seconda mano mirror on t'internet for £14. The seller (car breaker) has no idea what model it came from :D but it has a Tiziano red cover which looks in good condition, so I bought it, just to get the cover.

If the rest of the mirror fits my 5-door then bonus but I don't need it for the moment, so it can go into the shed.

Meanwhile another seller has a brace of brand new old stock genuine part Fiat mirrors without covers, sadly.. at £11 each. One is a 735306560 (i.e. correct part for Gerrard) and the other is 735334740 which I can't find on ePer or in the posts above but is just £11... so probably worth a punt.

I decided to take a punt and bought both of them since my mirrors' black plastic is very faded and old looking (trim restorer does the business for a week or so but they quickly go grey again). I'll replace my old mirrors with these new ones, which will improve the appearance and may also fix the non-working heated elements. Let's see.

Meanwhile.. a van that parks just along the kerb from where my car lives, also got its mirror kicked in yesterday .. :eek: so the cyclists who speed along that pavement (mostly adult men, I have to say) just became an endangered species.

If you read of someone bludgeoning a cyclist to death with a blunt axe in Newport... that's me, that is.. :D

Ralf S.
Ralf S.

Fiat Stilo:

735334740 = REAR VIEW MIRROR RH - 3 Door (2001-2003).

Taken off ePer Version 84 ;)

Back