mirror base plates

Currently reading:
mirror base plates

B

ben

how do you take the mirror base plates off, is it a easy job. i found the post on spraying them but couldnt find one on taking them off cheers ben

you need to remove the plastic covers where the base plates are on the inside of the door, when removed, you see the star bolts that need removin and theres also one under the rubber bit at the edge of the door nearer the front end of the door itself, be very CAREFUL not to loose the bolts down the inside of the door or the star driver like i did as you`ll never find it again, had to buy a new one :(

Bravo, why settle for less 1.8GT BRAVO
robtag.jpg

transformers.jpg

thats great cheers will have ago when the sun comes out

apart from dropping the bits down the door you also may have to spray a little wd40 onto the ring that holds the mirror director thingy in place as these can seize up over time (that's if they're manual mirrors) you'll see what I mean when you take the rubber and the plastic cover off... the whole job only takes 10 mins max.. and that's at woman speed lol

Tamara

and if its electric just unplug the wires

Bravo, why settle for less 1.8GT BRAVO
robtag.jpg

transformers.jpg

On this topic, has anyone got a spare N/S baseplate? Mine's bubbled and looks a mess. Electric, not manual mirror, if that makes any difference. Cheers.

Carroll,

Just take off the baseplate, rub it down with sandpaper, and repaint with Satin black paint.

No need to buy another one then.

Mine were starting to bubble up, so did exactly that... look as good as new now..

Thanks for the tips guys. I had considered re-painting it myself, but as only one has gone, I was leaning towards the 'can't be arsed' school of thought and decided that swapping for another would be quicker/easier and prob. cheaper, as I don't have any suitable satin black paint or wet'n dry paper and so would have to run-around buying extra things and also I can't really spare the extra time involved, (not havung a garage or shed dos'nt help either)
- So original question still stands - anyone got one? Thanx.