Technical 'minty' the cinq failed M.O.T

Currently reading:
Technical 'minty' the cinq failed M.O.T

aquafresh

:cry: so 'minty' has failed on rear sub-frame corroded and seriously weakened and front/rear brakes. So the mission is on to find another sub-frame (anyone got one) brake disc's and pads ordered.so 'minty' will be back! Watch this space!!!!

it's quite a big hole will post pix l8tr but thats all it failed on so can't be that bad for £125,but it's getting new sub-frame the problem now no scrap yard or garage has one at the mo so ten days to find and fit another one!:bang:

Think you need to syphon the fuel tank to replace.

And plus gas A obviously...

Noel

fook me, you must be the first!!!! Never seen a cinq that have a rusty rear subframe (or crossmember to be precise i believe)~~

Ming

No, there has been one in Clubcento.

CRIM0025.jpg

CRIM0026-1.jpg

CRIM0030-1.jpg

CRIM0029-1.jpg

here is the rear sub-frame hole.

I've ask my m8 who is a welder to come and look on Sunday (welding done for the price of tea and cakes Bargain) ,he said could plate either end and underneath hammerite it so it looks new again. My partner has been doing all the other bits and is going to have it polished to bring back up to new once sub-frame sorted.So were just gonna wait have 'minty' mot again then start pimping it(y)

well after having it looked at it's gonna be welded as not as bad as nelly08's so we will be on the road soon.

glad to hear it! my "new" one cost £75 for combellacks and that was forcing them down in price! what times your mot tomorrow? i'll look out for it as it goes past work :D

Josh

right so we couldn't weld it and found rear sub frame on ebay for seicento sporting would this fit my 899c cinq????

ok thanks so i can buy it now :) minty will be up and running soon, but i have put sporting rear lights and clear indicators, De-badged it polished it back to new,piper x air filter and new brakes front and rear.so it's still had bits done to improve it.:)

Back