General Minter Cinq Sportings - Any left?

Currently reading:
General Minter Cinq Sportings - Any left?

mr500

I've got a Shuey and do like it but am not that keen on shape really or the stupid dash layout. But wanted a tidy car so went for it.. Other than exhaust falling off its been fine. I do like the power steering. robs no feel but easy on the biceps. Brakes excellent. Gear shift nice.

Anyway I really want a proper low mile Broom Cinqy Sporting. With v low miles. SX's come up with 15k on but no sportings.

Have they a all gone? I know peeps will say lack of use does a car no good but a few weeks should/will iron out silly faults. I'm handy anyway.

Ho,Hum. Looks like I'll have to wait.. Unless anyone knows of a right minter?..... :) :) :)

I know you have said "I know peeps will say lack of use does a car no good but a few weeks should/will iron out silly faults." but the reason for this is so many people in the UK stick to mileage as to when they service a car, but if you read what the manuals say they will always say something like service 12,000miles or 12 months whichever is sooner, so a 10 year old car with only 14K on the clock should still have had its service book stamped 10times, this is very rarely the case, it will probably at best have had a service every 2 or even 3 years which means the car will have been running on degraded oil, and could have lots of internal wear. This is especially prevalent on small cheap cars as the owners are often on budgets and servicing gets neglected.

In the UK we are obsessed by mileage, but it should always be the condition of the car that sells it not mileage.

There are low mileage Cinqs out there with low 20's to 30K but check the service history to ensure its well looked after as a 50K car with a full service history is worth more IMHO.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
In the UK we are obsessed by mileage, but it should always be the condition of the car that sells it not mileage.

That is very true. I would much rather a clean 80K car that was regularly serviced and had been cared for rather than a 30K car that has only ever had one service in its life and had been used for short journeys the whole time.

Also, you need to ask yourself 'why is the mileage so low?' It could be that it was owned by the little old lady who only used it to go shopping once a week, or it could be clocked, or it might not have been physically possible to drive it as its in the garage getting fixed again.................

As Aaron said, condition is all important - there's one thing you know about a high miler - it has been reliable, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to clock up those miles :)

I agree to a point. A 80'000miler 'could' be a real nice thing. BUT, most have had loads of owners,paint and monkeys working on them. Drivers seat usually gone on outer bolster,paperwok missing etc

But a garaged 15k miler with one owner usually has none of the above. Some people go by miles when servicing but even then it's not that bad. Fire engines are strong. Low miles means a tight gearbox,no bearing rumbles from wheels and all the controls not shiny and tired.

At the end of the day a nice,low miler is better. But it has to be looked after.And most people dont buy a car new and service it twice in 9 years..

mr500 said:
Low miles means a tight gearbox,no bearing rumbles from wheels and all the controls not shiny and tired.

Also could mean that it could have been stored in a damp garage :(

I'm sure giving it plenty of stick'll get it going!.....

There was a very,very nice blue R plate sporting at Kinross car auctions a few weeks back,had about 40k on it I think,Abarth skirts and everything,and a Clubcento sticker on the window,anyone know it?

is a cinq sporting with less milage than mine on ebay at the moment doubt its as looked after as mine though.......... 23800 think the milage was. G :eek:

No rush at mo' to get my cinq. The Schuey's running ok. The Cinquys gotta be a right cracker tho. Cant be without a car. So will buy Cinq and then sell Schu. It might be a week or years to wait... Who knows? But I'm sure one's out there. A private bod will prob want 1500plus for it. I'll pay well for a really nice example. So a wonky 15k miles car in a damp garage no good to me!

Back