Mini road trip.

Currently reading:
Mini road trip.

The Beard

Prominent member
Tomorrow morning (Friday) I'm setting off on a Round (a bit of) Britain tour. I've picked the worst summer since 3,000 BC to travel long distance on a 'bike. Heading off to London first, I'm planning to visit the Ace Cafe, which I think is on the North Circular Rd., somewhere, on Friday night, then Box Hill, possibly in Surrey on Sunday. On Monday I'm riding to Poole as it's bike night on the Quays the next night. That's if it's not cancelled due to everybody shrinking in the rain. If anybody knows whereabouts the Ace is, in other words
which area, I'd be grateful if they'd let me know and I can't find Box Hill on my road atlas.

road atlas? are you going on a journey back in time, or is your sat nav broken? :p
Ace Cafe, Ace Corner, North Circular Rd, London, NW10 7UD

[/URL]
Thanks jug. Sat Nav? spawn of the devil. I've got a steam powered camera, paper maps and a bike with carburettors.

Sat Nav? They're for people who can't read or think aren't they?
And Beard, shame you aren't going to the Ace next week as that's when it's Italian night and a lot of forumers will be there!
They're also for people who can't ask directions. That's my feminine side coming out. Er, when I say feminine side, that is, what I mean by coming out is, er bol**cks. Stop digging is the order of the day. Bad timing that. Mind you, from both those maps it's not only the timing that's unfortunate. I took a gamble and booked a hotel in Beckton, which couldn't be much further away
from the Ace and Box Hill and yet still be in London if I'd chosen it with my eyes closed and stuck a pin in the map. I might try and change it for one near
Edgeware.

Sounds fun, might see you around if your going to Poole (then again I tend to avoid the quay on tuesdays lol)
Last time I was in Poole the weather was so bad we didn't go out at night. Looks like it won't be much different this time. Are you saying the Quay is a bit dodgy on Tuesdays? The alternative is watching the chavs at Mc Donalds.
Thanks for your comments chaps. The next time I'm on here will be next Wednesday at the earliest. Who cheered at the back?

Instead of the Quay, can you think of anywhere else in the area worth a visit.
Nothing too lively; or trendy; or expensive. I'm too old, unfashionable and tight fisted for any of that mularkey. Oh, and not too far from Holes Bay, I'm staying at the Premier Inn.

What a fiasco. It rained so heavily on the way down to London on Friday, my jacket was still wet on Sunday night. My gloves were wet through and for the first time ever my jacket leaked at the front. But, on Sunday night I put on my now dry clothes and made it down to the Ace Cafe. Not that busy but a great atmosphere. I don't know what it is about bike gatherings but you automatically seem to be part of a big family. You don't have to watch your back, unless you're a Hell's Angel that is. Anyway, still glad I made the trip, but because of the probability of another dowsing in Tuesday, actually came back today. Still, there's always next year.

Back