Mini-Project

Currently reading:
Mini-Project

Hey all..

I had big plans for my first car, but when I actually got it, with money etc I didn't end up doing anything. That was my MK2 ELx 2001.. which got taken out by a HGV, but replaced with a MK2B Sporting 2004, and I've got the modding bug again.. :D

I found some pics on here of a punto that looks pretty much to be the same as mine (can't remember who's car this is, but hope you don't mind me using it for some quick photoshopping!), and came up with this:
Car.png

I think those are just MK2B sporting alloys with abarth badges? I was just gonna stick red fiat logos instead, upgrade my headlights and some R8 LEDs. Maybe some bits inside.. door wells if I find them.. amp and sub are sorted.. currently running with R3350 Sony head unit, although I'm upgrading to the Pioneer P800BT, and maybe replacing the door speakers with some better quality three-ways.

And then performance-wise was going to start off with a GSR induction kit, and maybe remap and take it from there.

What do you reckon? I'm still a student so don't have loads of money to spend, and I don't want anything tacky (although some may say R8 LED's are.. I love em!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the badge kit from Fiat today. Front (95mm) and back (85mm) plus 50mm badges for alloys for £51. Should be here on Wednesday.

Then I'm taking a trip down to Motor-World in Barking to see my uncle about getting some headlight bulbs. R8 LEDs are gonna have to be an eBay jobby I reckon. So that'd take me up to around £100.

Anything else? There doesn't seem to be as much for the mk2b as there is for the mk2..

tbh i'd paint the headlights black... i think they look sh*t hot with the black interior...

don't know about the front badge, i'd either get an abarth one or get a badgeless grill, but i'm just a sucker for a debadged car, so it's up to you really...

just get the wing mirrors and door handles color coded and you're sorted imo!

looking forward to see some pics when it's finished

Aye that is my old 2b :( Will look good with the red fiat badges. Centre caps were just abarth stickers stuck on the standard fiat centre caps on standard sporting wheels. Did you measure the badges to check they were the right size?

There isnt much out there for 2b's really. Badgeless grills are all you can do to the front. The back is easier as mk2 bumpers will fit it so you have more choice there.

Will try and put some pics up of blackheadlights when i get back from work tonight.

Last edited:
R8 DLR's are maximum chavage. it says you read maxpower, you're a virgin, you are emotionally attached to your games console, and you eat mcdonalds 7 times per week. if thats you then go for it (y)

Haha.. haven't read max power since I was about 16.. roughly the same time I lost my virginity.. my PS2 is sitting in my cupboard somewhere picking up dust.. but not far off on the McDonalds/Kebabs.

I really like the R8 LEDs though.. :( Spose they're only £20.. and can peel them off if they look cack. And it seems no to chrome trim aswell..

Don't really know what else to do with it. Maybe some door sills but haven't seen any for the 2b.

Got the badges.. front and alloy badges should be fine.

The rear badge on mine is 95mm, just like the front, so it seems that I'm going to have to sell the rear badge and buy another front one?

Will have to see what fitting is like first.

Fitted the badges and all set with my xenon bulbs now :D

Rear badge is a bit smaller than the other one so I've got a 5mm recess going all the way round. Not massively happy but it'll do for now. Will have to get another red 95mm badge for the front, cut off the screw and clips and buy some double-sided adhesive later on.

Will have pics up once I've washed and waxed.

Next:
New headunit, possibly Pioneer P880BT (my Sony one's on its way out)
New 10cm speakers for the back
Abarth side skirts
Lowering
Maybe R8 LEDs or alternatively angel eyes (might have to custom make these I think).
GSR induction
Those black and silver 17" alloys from the series 2 grande punto

Have ya done anything to your 2b since last post? i have one too and beyond red calipers i dunno what else i can do for relatively little money. was looking at the R8 lights too and then the angel eyes but as you did i found there is none.

Got my GSR kit done on Sunday.. now sounds teh sex..

Extra 8.5 bhp too.. was 104 as standard which was a surprise. Now up to 112.5 with a nice torque / power curve. Peter reckons I'll easily get 120+ from a remap so that's next.

Depends what your budget is I spose. I've got a list of what I want to do (in my sig) but it's gonna be one step at a time. Probably either the remap or tints next.. and I think I'm getting a private plate as a graduation present from my mum and dad.

There was a black 2B at the meet on Sunday that belonged to one of the Red Dot guys that had some nice headlight brows, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Back