mini motos

Currently reading:
mini motos

charlieboy

Prominent member
what do you guys think to them?

i can get hold of one for £180, its 2005 race replica colours and is faster than the others that are one the market (apart from the blata ones)

charlie

a lad was knocked off his mini moto near where i live. he was so low to the road, the landy disco driver didnt see him, the lad was pulled under the wheels of the disco, and died a very gruesome death, so i just have to say - only buy a mini moto if you are going to use it OFF the road.

Agreed with the above, Nottingham Council has started putting up posters at bus shelters etc. with a crused mini moto (like the crushed car adverts) saying:

"not on the road please" type thing.

the stupid thing is, after the accident happened, the mini moto was stolen from the crime scene :D and from under the noses of the filth :)

so if the 2005 mini moto that charlieboy wants is a ducati race replica, it might be this stolen bike.

there fun to ride but do it on a field or private land not on the roads.My m8 at work has 1 in his boot all time so at dinner we go on bk field 4 a quick spin there so much fun but im 6ft 2 so get abit of cramp in me legs lol

theres a huge carpark near where i live that has just been put near pride park, is nice and smooth, away from the roads and well lit. the jjb socerdome stops getting busy-ish in the evenings so would be perfectly safe.

it isnt a ducati replica, so not stolen lol. its the respol honda, similar to rossis old one :p

they are NOT road legal, it is specified for "off-road use only" but like luke sed there are the muppets that use them anywhere other than "off-raod". there are sign up in the local park saying that any "motorised" vehicle being used in a public place will be confiscated, but i stills ee loads of people using them in the park :mad: . if i did it i gaurantee id get caught!

charlie

Attachments

• full_repsol.jpg
    full_repsol.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 12
dont buy the off road dirt bike ones... we had it at a mountain bike race with us to get to sign in etc and we were jumping it and stuff.. fell apart! engine casing cracked into 2 bits and the engine mountings snapped off!

a friends dad has a moto-X mini moto, i was looking at the "instructions" and there was one part that did say the bike was not designed for jumping and wheelies!

it should provide many days of summer fun.... hopefully! or i could save the money to buy something for the cinq. .... when a silver ones comes around that is.

charlie

There was some scally lad bombing round on one of these things down our street the other day. I swear I could p*ss faster! Must've been either a cheapo nasty or just knackered, my cousin had one a few years back that could top 40mph :D

charlieboys93UNO said:
a friends dad has a moto-X mini moto, i was looking at the "instructions" and there was one part that did say the bike was not designed for jumping and wheelies!

it should provide many days of summer fun.... hopefully! or i could save the money to buy something for the cinq. .... when a silver ones comes around that is.

charlie

one of the problems i have seen is riders being hit over the head with baseball bats, to get to the mini moto. so charlieboy, i would recommend getting something for your car, unless you like bad headaches :D

I like the idea of mini moto's to certain degree. If some one has a place to ride it off road then fair enough..

BUT, the need to be registered, taxed and mot'd before they can be used on the road. They are to fast to be allowed on pavements. You can't use the in public places at all. Knowing this it really does limit the use of them.

Also, most of them have an unbelievably low quality standard. My friend broke his one withing an hour, and I broke my brothers after a couple of days. IMO, for 150 quid, I wasn't expecting it to last more than a week. If you have a bit of private land and some free time, then why not.

My boyfriend has a R1 rep midi moto,which is alot easier and probaly safer to ride.
Plus its got a horn so you can beep when people get in the way (especially when i ride it because iam dangerous!!) lol

Back