Mini Moto Advice

Currently reading:
Mini Moto Advice

same, and yeh, i've always wondered how they corner on the road

Its very different, in the dirt theres plenty of give on the grip on the rear wheels which reduces body roll, on the road there will be alot of grip and this can make the steering very twitchy. Quite easy to get thrown off.

I think making the jump from off road riding to road riding may take a little getting used to for some riders.

I certainly don't fancy high road speeds on a quad! Like dual carriageways etc. Town and country road driving is cool though!

Its very different, in the dirt theres plenty of give on the grip on the rear wheels which reduces body roll, on the road there will be alot of grip and this can make the steering very twitchy. Quite easy to get thrown off.

I think making the jump from off road riding to road riding may take a little getting used to for some riders.

I certainly don't fancy high road speeds on a quad! Like dual carriageways etc. Town and country road driving is cool though!

back roads on a summers day/night would be ideal but like you say not high speeds, was after a quad a while back, used to bike on the road, will be my 3rd year on the road in july on a bike, makes me feel ancient lol.

back roads on a summers day/night would be ideal but like you say not high speeds, was after a quad a while back, used to bike on the road, will be my 3rd year on the road in july on a bike, makes me feel ancient lol.

If we lived in a better climate then I think i'd have a raptor, its just not practical in this country. For a month or three its great. Mind you i'm lucky, I used to instruct off road quad biking and I have the use of an off road course which is only a 20 minute backroad ride, and if the police can catch me through there then they deserve the arrest!

Lets see some pics, or a thread (y)

Not worth starting a thread, wouldnt be any interest.

DSC006291.JPG

Temporary tank there and unfinished inlet. Seat ready for recovering in black and the fenders i havnt had chance to make yet. Started it when i was 15 and hardly ever touch it, that date was the last time i even looked at it i think, i'll finish it this summer for my younger brother though. Needs a wash coz everything inc the paint was new on that a year ago. (n)

Jordan

the suzuki, I nearly bought one at auction, but it couldn't be seen running,yet still went for over £300, knutts! was in a right state too, covered in mouldy pidgeon goo :yuck:

the quadrad, erm, technically yes a quad, but looking at those welds I wouldn't put a kid over 8st on it, on the flat :eek:
be good fun, but unless taken very carefully, it will just snap the frame, or suspension companatns

i've seen a few converted trike/quad frames with old honda 50 and c70/c90 engines in them, built in the 70s and still going.

like my 2nd bike, the honda xr75, 1976 model, faster than these 125cc copies by quite a bit and never went wrong at all! still going to this day, god i miss it.

my bro had a 2006 RAM 250 quadzilla; he never had any trouble with it after 5000miles of thrashing on road and off road. to say i was shocked is a huge understatement. then he sold it and only lost a grand on the RRP, which was also a pleasant surprise.

it didnt feel safe to ride, but it looked cool.
1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys, it was taken of and cleaned up but still pisses fuel so im of out to folow jordans advice now ive got time and it aint to cold in the garden lol.

WIll post what happens next and when/if it breaks :p

quad looks nice jug, want a road legal one, but cant afford even an old one atm :p:(

Back