Mini Moto Advice

Currently reading:
Mini Moto Advice

well just won a mini quadard on ebay, picked it up and we got it back, never been used but there seems to be a fuel line of sort coming of it dripping fuel, well its like a tap lol, dont want to start it till ive fixed this.

the fuel line goes to the carb fine but then this line comes of the carb...

added a picture as well.

J

Attachments

• 01032008663.jpg
    01032008663.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 116
thats the over flow line and a common fault is that the carb float gets stuck and just keeps letting in fuel instead of cutting it.
take out the 2 scresws holding the bottom bell housing loking thing and that will come off revealing a float inside, give it a good clean and made sure theres no rough edges on the float or it can get caught on stuff, if there is then just give it a rub down with light sand paper.,then put it back together, turn the petrol on and give it a go., also be careful not to use too much 2stroke in them, they can be a bastid for choking up on it.,

THanks alot for the advice :D

ive read that its 50:1, but also been told thats and also 25:1, got a mixing tub but its for 25:1 and its what i used on my midi moto.

Think ill measure out a mixture amount (in ml lol) and go from there as i dont like using mixing tubs lol.

THanks

J

Took it of and gave it a good clean out, seemed smooth enough to me the ring/float did, i put it all back, added some more fuel, turned fuel on, pushed it to where i was gonnan start it and well it pissed fuel again, tried starting while doing so but didnt seem to want to start, tugs a big hard when pulling it.

J

Perhapses you should bid on ebay for a fire extinguisher :devil:

These basic 2 stroke engines can be a real pig to get going...

start with the basics.

check you have a good healthy spark,

remove the plug put against the casing and have a mate pull it over,

check the spark plugs gap,

let the cylinder vent with the spark plug off to let any excess fuel vent off.

turn off the fuel tap and remove any leaked fuel and allow to evaporate then warm the cylinder head with a blow heater for 10 mins to pre warm the engine (works well on lawn mowers and Kit Nitro R/C cars) then turn the fuel back on full choke prime and pull it off then allow to idal for several minutes..

if its new dont thrash it for a few tanks run it at 1/2 throttle to bed the engine in

I hate these things, was forever fixing my brothers mini-motos etc but i've given that resposiblity to my cousin now lol.

Yesterday though, my broher had the same problem with his new loncin (?) 125, unfortunatly no stop-cock on the tank so literally ( as carb is sited above the head on it) and it was pissin fuel like a tap on full.

If its still doing it, remove the carb by unscrewing the top accelerator cable from the top of the carb, a sprung damper should follow with a needle. Remove any other attached petrol lines/choke cable if fitted, then unbolt the carb from the inlet manifold.

Let the petrol drain from the carb into a bucket or similar then remove the float chamber on the bottom via the two screws/bolts. remove the axle pin that holds the (usually white) float, and remove this also, placing them on a clean cloth. Remove the little needle that was attached to this, its about 3/5mm wide and 10/12mm long with a fat black pointed tip. Look for ANY dirt, miniscule amounts. What was cloggin the Loncin up yesterday was the most minute trace of dirt ever, smaller than a grain of sand and all it does is not allow the needle to return keeping the float chamber up and the fuel on.

There may be dirt stuck unside the jet(s) so if you have a ompresser blow these out, if not, use a straw/mouth if you're not bothered and blow through these holes as hard as you can. Before re-assembly i would completely wash out your tank catching it in a see-through bottle to see if there isany dirt/plastic/metal shavings in it. If its new even those things are common. If the stop-cock on the tank has a reserve setting, flush it out on this setting also with petrol too. The tanks should have filters in, some cheap ones dont and some dont have inline filters either. Re-assemble, carb pieces after washing off in petrol. i wouldnt recommend sanding any pieces personally, but if they feel sticky use the tiniest amount possible of 2 stroke oil on those parts as this is what they rely on for lube anyway with the fuel IF they even require it.

Once re-assembled, turn the fuel on and bleed the float chamber via the bolt under the float or the screw that opens the valve for the over-flow on the float chamber, let good stream out for about 5 seconds, then re-tighten. (if it was pissin out, this screw valvecould've been the initial problem)

If that doesnt work there other things to check though

Jordan

Last edited:
I hate these things, was forever fixing my brothers mini-motos etc but i've given that resposiblity to my cousin now lol.

Yesterday though, my broher had the same problem with his new loncin (?) 125, unfortunatly no stop-cock on the tank so literally ( as carb is sited above the head on it) and it was pissin fuel like a tap on full.

If its still doing it, remove the carb by unscrewing the top accelerator cable from the top of the carb, a sprung damper should follow with a needle. Remove any other attached petrol lines/choke cable if fitted, then unbolt the carb from the inlet manifold.

Let the petrol drain from the carb into a bucket or similar then remove the float chamber on the bottom via the two screws/bolts. remove the axle pin that holds the (usually white) float, and remove this also, placing them on a clean cloth. Remove the little needle that was attached to this, its about 3/5mm wide and 10/12mm long with a fat black pointed tip. Look for ANY dirt, miniscule amounts. What was cloggin the Loncin up yesterday was the most minute trace of dirt ever, smaller than a grain of sand and all it does is not allow the needle to return keeping the float chamber up and the fuel on.

There may be dirt stuck unside the jet(s) so if you have a ompresser blow these out, if not, use a straw/mouth if you're not bothered and blow through these holes as hard as you can. Before re-assembly i would completely wash out your tank catching it in a see-through bottle to see if there isany dirt/plastic/metal shavings in it. If its new even those things are common. If the stop-cock on the tank has a reserve setting, flush it out on this setting also with petrol too. The tanks should have filters in, some cheap ones dont and some dont have inline filters either. Re-assemble, carb pieces after washing off in petrol. i wouldnt recommend sanding any pieces personally, but if they feel sticky use the tiniest amount possible of 2 stroke oil on those parts as this is what they rely on for lube anyway with the fuel IF they even require it.

Once re-assembled, turn the fuel on and bleed the float chamber via the bolt under the float or the screw that opens the valve for the over-flow on the float chamber, let good stream out for about 5 seconds, then re-tighten. (if it was pissin out, this screw valvecould've been the initial problem)

If that doesnt work there other things to check though

Jordan

:yeahthat:

:D:p

Back