General Miles to the gallon

Currently reading:
General Miles to the gallon

Just returned from Alton Towers (arrived home about 20 mins ago), and as we were coming down the motorway doing a steady 80 mph the tank displayed a range of approximately 500 miles range (this was with about 2/3rds of a tank left in). Then i got snarled up in traffic as i came to the Sheffield (Meadowhall Junction), for about 45 minutes in stop start traffic, and the range drops to only 400 miles (n) .

Anyway, it was nice to come out of Alton Towers and get in my Stilo, which is way comfier then standing in any long queues or getting soaked on a water ride (y) .

The only problem with getting back into my car was that i was still all soaked from the water rides, but a quick blast from the heater soon sorted that. Why couldnt it have been sunny though and i would have got to use my skyroof which would have been nice. :cry:

Well i think there's something wrong with my stilo, cos, in kilometers a full tank lasts me no more than 400, that's about 250 miles more or less, and it's a 1.4 petrol, i don't drag it, i do like to drive faster than normal everyonce in a while, but even if i did all the time, those figures just don't sound right, i mean for crying out loud, it drinks more petrol than my brother in law's vauxhall cavalier 2.0 turbo.

Well i think there's something wrong with my stilo, cos, in kilometers a full tank lasts me no more than 400, that's about 250 miles more or less, and it's a 1.4 petrol, i don't drag it, i do like to drive faster than normal everyonce in a while, but even if i did all the time, those figures just don't sound right, i mean for crying out loud, it drinks more petrol than my brother in law's vauxhall cavalier 2.0 turbo.
Something up alright :(

The 1.4 is the 3rd most economical Stilo - after the JTD and 1.2 :)

My old Micra used to last about 250 miles between fill ups, some times even les dependant upon where it was i was driving. On the motorway it used to munch the petrol like it was going out of fassion. How much do you put in your Stilo to fill it up from more a less empty.

well i wouldn´t know in pounds as i´m in spain, but if i´m correct, it´s a 50 litre tank, so i guess 60 quid? depending on the price per litre there.

What should be the propper mileage per tank i should be getting?

Hi all. only got the abarth Tuesday and getting 28.4 mpg on the computer! thats a mixture of all types of roads! i think thats good for an Abarth(y)

had my 1.2 stilo 3 1/2 years now and still regulary get 42mpg+ miles on an average work run with a fair bit of standing traffic. I had to change my route from motorway to through town centre and when i was doing motorway, i would get 48+.

When i did the run down to bromsgrove last november, i filled up before setting out, got 50+ mpg out of it and i think about 500 miles by the time i filled it up again.

The most I got out of one tank is 520miles but i didnt check the mpg on the read out.

I always run mine from full to red light comming on, and its around £50 to fill up.

As well as fuel returns, I am impressed with its little engine as it doesnt need its oil or water topping up between servicing, and it beats my mrs 1.1 saxo for economy and power. The saxo makes the stilo feel like a bigger engined car, and the bloody thing has to do about 4000rpm at 65 where as the stilo cruises at 80/85 at about 3k i think

I find that my Stilo does better on a tank when you are doing at least 80mph steady down a motorway, or 60mph on an A-road without pushing your foot on the gas every few seconds.

When driving around city centres it goes through fuel quite a bit (and i have found that it doesnt like to creep in 2nd gear very well, and the clutch pedal can be quite stiff for changing gears lots of times) - York on a Friday evening is absolutely hectic.

The Stilo is a better car if you do longer journeys that arent stop start stop start if you get me.

I would prefer to take it on a relly long journey where i dont know where i was going then on a short journey through my local city/town.

The Stilo is a better car if you do longer journeys that arent stop start stop start if you get me.

I would prefer to take it on a relly long journey where i dont know where i was going then on a short journey through my local city/town.

Last month me and the gf had a road trip holiday and we did about 800miles and using the posh petrol we hit 48mpg so I was very impressed with that (y)

Back