Technical Mileometer display

Currently reading:
Technical Mileometer display

Ian Cleasby

Hi

About 18 months ago the mileometer display on my 2.0 20v went blank. The local Fiat agent fixed it - they said it was a loose connection. They never charged me - I thought because it was a quick fix, but maybe they forgot to send the bill?! Anyway, it's gone out again. I've checked the connectors in the fuse box under the steering wheel. Are ther any other likely culprits? How difficult is it to dismantle the dash to get at it?

Thanks, Ian

Shine a torch onto the display with the ignition on. If you can see the figures then it is likely just a bulb.
You can get the dash out without removing the wheel with a bit of juggling.
Remove column console cover, 3 screws. Then loosen instrument cluster surround, 5 screws (if you drop the steering column all the way down you can see the bottom two). You may have to remove the vent pipe, check for a screw inside the fuse cover near the air vent.
4 screws for the cluster, a couple of plugs and it should come out.
Standard T1 bulb should do it.
All above from memory so good luck.

Hello Dave, Thanks for the info,delayed in getting in touch, the top cover on the steering column seems to be held by something or other, can find no clips or screw
regards Benelli256

wimmy said:
2 or 3 screws from underneath. Get right under the steering wheel and you will see them.
Thanks Wimmy, I finally found two screws near the steering wheel end of the cover, right up over the steering column. How I'll get them back I don't know .Benelli256

Back