General Mileage and head gasket

Currently reading:
General Mileage and head gasket

well the thing is, is it dont take must glycol (main ingrediant that stops the water freezing) to work.(you could put salt in your water but it would turn your whole engine into a pile of rust in about a week :p alcohol also works awesome but it also lowers the boiling point and dont last long) but antifreeze also contains anti corrosive chemicals which is the main part needed to stop your head gasket going (n)

Lol even tho you couldnt see the blue antifreeze how did it show up that it was protected to -10?

Because there is obviously some still in there.

It should give protection, with a typical mix, to at least -30 to -40.

Just change it, and stop doubting, else you'll regret it when you rot your head, blow your gasket, and your engine is essentially scrap.

I had a car that had sat for 8 years....the antifreeze was still in there, but clear, and had some protection, but there way no way it would have done the job!

Well he added a little more i would say to just past the max so would that be ok now? Will that coolant mix with the water and protect it even further?

should be fine but i would replace it as soon as you can really. It might not freeze but its hard to say if its protecting your engine from corrosion or not. I know that a week or so ago i used plain water in my car (hose burst then i kept getting leaks which turned out to be a worn out water pump) and after about 2 weeks the water already had a orange tint to it which i guess is from the cast iron block

Well it looked blue after he put it in lol. What i think i will do is leave it in there then when it needs re-filling put half and half in as it must have already had some in to reach -10 should be ok to about -20 or -30 now

u asked all these questions, i think u just want us to convince u that what's in your engine is fine and no we won't :).

As people say, flush the engine and refill and bleed probably. It needs to be done anyway is a serviable item!.

Ming

Back