• 14/09/2013

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21/09/2013

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 22/09/2013

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(Ignore, my last one, as messed up on that one:eek:)

Seeing as there was big interest in repairing my Punto MK2 that needs an engine swap, which I think will be the best idea in putting a replacement engine in, instead of rebuilding (which takes longer to do, than putting a replacement engine in).

So based on peoples personal preference of dates, please use the poll above to vote for the date that suites you best and able to make that date, the time of the event we can discuss once a date is set.

Also please comment below if you are attending like for example:

1) your username - (location)

This is so I know how many people will be attending so I know how many people to cater for, also how many cars will be on my street:rolleyes:

Location: Is Nottingham, for people travelling on the M1 you would need J26 for Nottingham & Ripley (A610) - once a date is set and all attendees will receive a PM with a Post Code for their navigation devices.

Cheers!(y)

Last edited:
I've voted for the 22nd but like I've said in the other thread I'm okay for any weekend apart from this Saturday, I just picked that date so we could have more time to plan but in hindsight it makes sense to do it early so you have your car back? :p haha woops ;)
Sam.

I've voted for the 22nd but like I've said in the other thread I'm okay for any weekend apart from this Saturday, I just picked that date so we could have more time to plan but in hindsight it makes sense to do it early so you have your car back? :p haha woops ;)
Sam.

Yeah this is what I'm hoping to get it done ASAP, whilst I respect people can't just drop everything and come when I say, that's like living on a different planet:rolleyes: But I've managed to find a price on of a engine crane for a weekend (from friday-monday) for a nice fee of £44.50 and if I collect it thats all I pay:slayer:

Now what I'm thinking I could get old engine out, get new engine, build it up ready like put new parts on it?

I went for 22nd in the end as the start of sept is a no go area for me - especially the 14th, its my wife's birthday........... So needless to say that if I tell her that I'm disappearing off on her birthday to help change an engine, drink coffee and eat lots of biscuits then i'll be starting a midland Italia meeting entitled "midland Italia next meet - help gadge remove a trolley jack from his a**s" :D

Sam.

Sam, I'd have to agree with you on the basis to get the car back on the roads ASAP so I will give this voting until 1st September and I'll choose a date even if it means some people won't be able to attend but as long as we have at least 3 people that's fine. Reason being for getting it up and running early is so you can then get the next meet on the go, then I'll be able to attend in my own car :)

Hopefully this is okay for you and everyone, if not, feel free to say what you feel people! As homeward knows about my condition with my feet he'd understand why I need the car back up and running ASAP.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
I voted 22nd aswell, but I'm flexible and can do any Sunday, Saturdays are a no go as I work :(

The chosen date/time will be revealed on 1st September seeing as the first two dates are obsolete anyway, I couldn't do those two dates now as in 31st and 1st as my aunty is down...

The only rule on this meet is everyone bring any tools they have laying around, which only for this meet as its a Engine Swap it's a one off usually we'd would be elsewhere scoffing our faces and drinking coffee and what not :rolleyes:

But this will be a good chance for you to meet a few of us get to know us and get your hands dirty working on someone elses FIAT (mine:devil:)

See you at the meet when date is settled(y)

Back