Technical MegaSquirt engine management

Currently reading:
Technical MegaSquirt engine management

I want to invest in a new engine management for my mk1 uno turbo to get the best out of the rebuilt engine.

was thinking of a MegaSquirt V3 EFI

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MegaSquirt-V3...yZ122139QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone had any experiences with this or any other engine management?

what are the advantages of changing from standard and are they worth it? i.e bigger injectors can be set up etc punto GT injectors?

along with the cost of the actual system is a rolling road set up required?

also what is involved in upgrading the front brakes to punto gt?

Thanks

Mark.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Megasquirt is good for what it is but by no means comparable to more expensive systems ($1000+)

MS2 should be good for most uses but it still doesn't include sequencial injection which may be needed by some setups.

From a performance/price perspective i doubt anything comes close to it, i've had multiple units running in different configurations and the only problem i ran into was the lack of memory...which has been solved by the MS2;)

Anything you expect an engine management to do ms can do it, or someone is attempting to make it do it. One thing i was one of the first at doing with the megasquirt was COP setups, it's still iffy on the software side but works.

Even a no frills install of megasquirt will make the bosch le2 jetronic look like a joke:p

i have seen a uno with megasquirt on it, was for sale but i never had it,
loosing the afm is worth it alone surely?

Lol i reckon someones been waiting for their megasquirt to arrive and in the mean time they've wandered the forum looking for the name at least to content them :p

Jordan

lol it was linked from the other thread in the cinq section (showed up at the bottom)

i'm getting very annoyed now though, yeah. :bang:

Back