Technical Media Player Updates

Currently reading:
Technical Media Player Updates

On the newer Fiat cars on the website it says the media players can be told to select a track name through voice activation instead of just artists, genres, folders etc etc, will this be available as an update for the 07 GP that doesnt have this?

mine is an 07 GP and i believe its available on mine.... waiting for the delivery on am MP4 player that will house all my music being plugged into the USB port, but I've been checking out the commands.... I'll report back when its tested :)

The problem everyone is going to have with this is the ID3 tags. The idea is fantastic and would be great to have but it will mean all the tags need to be sorted, it would have to be a rip directly from a CD for instance.

Rich

The problem everyone is going to have with this is the ID3 tags. The idea is fantastic and would be great to have but it will mean all the tags need to be sorted, it would have to be a rip directly from a CD for instance.

Rich
you mean all the mp3's i downloaded using bearshare wont work?

I think what he means is, some MP3s have funny ID3 tags, where the album name, song name, artist etc isn't entered correctly, so the car will have a hard time trying to understand us saying "artist" "oasis", etc.

Yeah what dannyboy83 says is right. Some tracks are not ripped correctly or they are done when there is no internet connection and this therefore does not put all if any of the tags in. Your downloaded tracks are the ones that may have this problem (word of warning i wouldnt mention using certain P2P programs on an open forum, (y) ).

It is easy to change the tags but if we are taking about a few GB of music then it could take a while.

Rich

lol yeh i dont use p2p i was jokin. not for music anyway. i get your point. it would be alright if it wasnt so specific though so not searching for a song or artist, but just searching for the words you say.

Can anybody verify that you can actually select tracks/artists/albums by voice with the currect blue&me media player version?

I have used id3-tagit to help sort out some of my dodgy ID3 tags.
You can send it off to the internet to search and replace your tags (though you need to give it a few clues).

On the subject of media player updates, has anyone else managed to sucessfully use the update service through your mobile?
(WARNING - incurs data costs if you do not have a plan)

I have given it a couple of goes over the months, unsucessfully, it connects to the internet through my phone (and uploads/downloads a few hundred bytes) but ultimately returns a server error.

I guess the servers are not up yet?
Is it possible to get an update at a dealership?

lol yeh i dont use p2p i was jokin. not for music anyway. i get your point. it would be alright if it wasnt so specific though so not searching for a song or artist, but just searching for the words you say.

Lol, i didnt think you would. Yeah it would be. The thing is whichever way it works, if it even exists, its going to have problems. If it searches for the artist or title then the tags could cause problems and if it works using keywords then you could find yourself flicking through a list of 100 songs that contain that word.

I have used id3-tagit to help sort out some of my dodgy ID3 tags.
You can send it off to the internet to search and replace your tags (though you need to give it a few clues).

On the subject of media player updates, has anyone else managed to sucessfully use the update service through your mobile?
(WARNING - incurs data costs if you do not have a plan)

I have given it a couple of goes over the months, unsucessfully, it connects to the internet through my phone (and uploads/downloads a few hundred bytes) but ultimately returns a server error.

I guess the servers are not up yet?
Is it possible to get an update at a dealership?

I didnt know that an update could be done through your mobile, where did you find out this was possibe?

I would like to update my software if it is possible, even though it is working fine and always has done.

Rich

I didnt know that an update could be done through your mobile, where did you find out this was possibe?

It's in the Blue&Me manual starting on page 35 ;)
IIRC you need to do it with th engine off, MAIN>SETTINGS>UPDATE
Takes a few mins to tell you it doesn't work!!:rolleyes:

It's in the Blue&Me manual starting on page 35 ;)
IIRC you need to do it with th engine off, MAIN>SETTINGS>UPDATE
Takes a few mins to tell you it doesn't work!!:rolleyes:

It rings a bell now that you mention it, i may give that a go tomorrow before the car goes into the bodyshop and see what happens. Probably nothing judging by what your saying, lol.

Rich

Back