media player problems

Currently reading:
media player problems

sam2408

hey to play music in my fiat punto grande 08 i use a 16gb usb with 10.1gb of data on it without any licensed music. initially it works fine but occasionally it reverts back to telling me its "building a media library" and then only plays and shows the one song for sometime until i take the usb out.

i was thinking the solution would to be to downgrade my B&M version to 5.5 instead of the 5.6 currently installed since i cannot not use the message reader feature that came with 5.6. would this help or does anyone have any other solutions or even experienced this problem? cheers! :)

hey to play music in my fiat punto grande 08 i use a 16gb usb with 10.1gb of data on it without any licensed music. initially it works fine but occasionally it reverts back to telling me its "building a media library" and then only plays and shows the one song for sometime until i take the usb out.

i was thinking the solution would to be to downgrade my B&M version to 5.5 instead of the 5.6 currently installed since i cannot not use the message reader feature that came with 5.6. would this help or does anyone have any other solutions or even experienced this problem? cheers! :)

Did that particular stick work ok before the upgrade to 5.6? It sounds a bit large for the older blue and me hardware to handle. Try another stick.

I bought a 4gb stick two years ago and blue and me didn't seem to like it despite the modest size, I got the same error as you. In the end I put my 2gb one back in and it has been fine since. I don't think it was the size of the stick that was the problem in my case, just that blue and me can get a bit funny sometimes.

Hi Sam,

I also use a 16gb stick and I do get this error occasionally. I used to get it much more often but now it seems to have stopped. It simply seems that the media player cant handle sticks that big

I would say use a smaller stick but I can sympathize with you as it would not very convinient.

I made the mistake of plugging the stick into the service USB port (the one without the windows/blue and me sticker next to it. Although it did work it seemed to fail a lot more often that when i had it stuck in the other one. I'd make sure you have it plugged in the right port too.

Even more oddly every time there is a frost and I get in the car it seems to need to build the library again :/

hi
i would only use a 2g stick, they load up quicker,you can hold loads of tracks on it even at 320kps.
i have a few of them on the go,also means you can update your music files and still have one in the car ready to go.
luigi

I bought a 16gb stick, put 8.5gb music on it. It worked fine for 3 weeks but now it only recognises a few songs on there.
I've deleted and reloaded the stick, no probs there.
It has been very cold past couple of days, maybe JAMES'S comment about frost is a common problem.
I'll wait until it warms a little to see if that helps.

Back