Media Player Problems

Currently reading:
Media Player Problems

Trying to get media player to work and not having much joy.

I loaded 6 songs onto my 4gb stick and it worked instantly

I then loaded 2gb worth of songs on and eco drive at the same time. Eco drive was recognised immediately and told me to take the stick out.

When I put it back I could not find it using source. I went through speach and did "media player" "play" and it said wait while building library.... then I got bored after 15 mins of waiting for nothing.

Am I missing something??

thanks. Emma

I haven't tried having both Ecodrive and mp3s at the same time.

I do remember the first time I plugged the Ecodrive in, it updated the car and then I had to remove the stick also. After that it recorded data on the stick.

Not sure if you can do both?

But I will say the media player does seems a little buggy. Mine sometimes forgets the USB stick and plays the radio, stating "no source available" when it's still plugged in and not removed.

Sometimes it then finds the music other times it has to be unplugged and plugged in again. I do try not to unplug it if the light is flashing, it may corrupt the data.

Microsoft strikes again, methinks. :p

Have you got this working now? It does seem to take ages! I just kept mine plugged in for about two weeks and eventually realised it had finally built the blasted media library :) Now, it will start working pretty much immediately after I plug it in.

However I havent tried to do the ecodrive thing again yet. When I first got my car in March they hadn't updated it to support the new system - but apparently it does now? You've reminded me to give it another go!

Back