Technical Media Player Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Media Player Problem

sdl

when i got my sporting backfrom the dealer last week , after getting breaks done....i notice the the media player was not being recognised driving home. I stop the card reconnected it and started again. hey presto...however the bloddy thing is stuck on one track? the steering wheel controls won't advance a track or go back. but the menu options let you choose a track to play? loop is off so is shuffle. any ideas? listen to one track is driving me nuts...lol

In the beginning I just copied and pasted files to my usb stick. It worked for a while but at random points I got no media found and I had to take the stick out, alter some files and put it back again.

At some point I tried using the sync functionality of windows media player. That way a slightly different file structure is created on the stick and an XLM file is place on the root directory.

I do not have any problems since I do this..

care to elaborate on this sync business, because mine keeps coming up with no media found error but i dont normally use media player cos i hate it lol

Using media player ( version 11 preferably ) create a library of your mp3s using the library tab. Then using the sync tab send the library to the stick. It is pretty much self explanatory in the media player.

PS. I hate it too... but it seems to work

I had the same thing with the voice saying no media found - there must be database on the Blue and me that stores the song details
I found the way around it (if you can) is to move the files into another directory (should be able to do this through windows) on your media player /flash drive then the blue and me will re index all the mp3s.
only happened to me once though
Hope this helps

I've been having a problem where it will play teh tracks on my 4Gb stick on random no problem, but when I try to navigate to a certain folder, genre, artist, etc - it says 'no media'. Ive tried taking the stick out and putting it back.

Should I format and use Media Player 11 then? I just copied and pasted albums into it first time round.

Nope the easiest way would be to just undoo the negative terminal from the car battery for about 4mins and reconnect.

Job done, well you have to reset your clock lol but other than that it should be working fine.

In essence you have performed a soft reset.:devil:

I keep two USB sticks in the car. If I get the "no media found" message I swap them over, Blue & Me rereads the playlists and away it goes :)

Back