Technical may have figured something out.

Currently reading:
Technical may have figured something out.

i think i may have found the signal wire for the rev counter in seicento's. now i dont know if it will work yet as i have no rev counter to try it. i like many forumers werent lucky enough to purchase a seicento sporting so are left with either the s/sx/suite etc. which as we all know does not have a rev counter. ive been told rumours about people on here managing to hook up a rev counter to a mythical white plug that hides underneath the center of the dash.

i never found one in my 2002 sx when my dash was off. so i took to studying the various wiring diagrams from the workshop manuals and came up with this diagram.

attachment.php

now the connection on the right shows the side of connector D46 that runs to the dash. and the connection on the right is the side that comes from the engine bay. the arrows point to where the signal wire should be within this connection. now on my car there is only a wire on the side fo the connector coming from the engine bay. with a pin inside the connector. and the side that runs to the dash is empty. i will geta picture of this asap as i cant find my camera. but it seems that my car has the signal wire there but it kinda just stops dead in its tracks. i dont know if it will work but i am going to give it a go as soon as i can get hold of a seicento sporting rev counter.(y)

or if anybody wants to give it a go before me be my guest. but ill get a picture of the connector within my car as soona s possible.

(if anybody wants to have a look for themselves to see if it is there. the connector is found underneath the passenger side kick panel and behind the carpet which just pulls away. it is the only yellow conecotr block under there so is not hard to see. also if anybody has the workshop manuals the connecter is called D46(B) )

also if anybody is willing to take a picture of the connecotr in there sporting that will be a great help to see if im onto something or talking a load of horses -explicitly deleted phrase- .

Attachments

• connectors.JPG
    connectors.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
These pop up all the time on ebay, not one just now but there will be, also this guy on clubcento may be breaking his sporting:
http://www.clubcento-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1831

For the connector, check this temperature gauge fitting guide:

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/86286-temperature-gauge-fitment-gars4.html

There is a picture of the rev counter removed with the connector in there.

If you do manage to do it please document and post a guide, for I've got also a 2002 SX I'd like to fit a rev counter to as well :)

nope didnt work. lol. couldve been the rev counter tho. becuase the guy i got it off dropped it in front of me so possibley the internals are knackered. but i do have another diea. ill keep posted.

AFAIK all Seicentos with the same engine type have the same ECU, so if a Sporting has a signal coming from it the SX should be no different. Where do you live mate?

lol. nah other side of the uk lol. well im off tog et a enw multi meter now so i will test the wire that i found. and if all else fails i think im going to try and take the signal from the coil pack and swap the resistor see if it does actually work. i mean id ont see why it wouldnt. becuase if you ahve a look at his thread it states that for and 8cylinder engine it has a 190k resistor and for a 4 it has 380k. so in theory a 760k should give a reading equal of a 2 cylinder engine. i dont really mind not using the sporting tacho anyway. fancy something different. lol.

rite. well turns out that the red wire just has a constant voltage. no change when engine is revved. checked the coil pack wires aswell and they do change obviously. so i think i am going to try it the aftermarket way and modify the tachometer circuit on the new one. the sporting clock doesnt work on the coil pack signal so i duno whats wrong with it. i tought it would have. nevermind. lol.

Back