Technical Max Boost....?

Currently reading:
Technical Max Boost....?

foot2thafloor

can anyone tell me what the maximum boost the standard fuel pump and injectors can handle on a mk2 uno turbo? i have a garret hybrid turbo with a nissan 200sx impella wheel

also, my fuel pump is making a bit of noise, but i have heard this is a common problem...does this affect the pump's performance?

Cheers

Jay

Its a long tall tale that UTs can fueling can take 1.0BAR of boost

Well, my old UT used to overboost to 1.5 BAR (well pravoked by my stupid mind all those years ago! lol) on a standard pump and injectors.................but somehow it never leaned-out at high revs and melted!

Even after 2 odd hours of constant thrashing! :devil:

can anyone tell me what the maximum boost the standard fuel pump and injectors can handle on a mk2 uno turbo? i have a garret hybrid turbo with a nissan 200sx impella wheel

also, my fuel pump is making a bit of noise, but i have heard this is a common problem...does this affect the pump's performance?

Cheers

Jay

As long as everything is working well you can run up to 1 bar. noisy pumps will not be running well but the pumps are way better than they need to be. They are easily good enough for double the factory power output.

thanks...i am currently running 1 bar....was just wondering if i good go any more, because when the bleed valve is disconnected so the turbo is running full boost...it boosted at 28-30 psi !

As long as everything is working well you can run up to 1 bar. noisy pumps will not be running well but the pumps are way better than they need to be. They are easily good enough for double the factory power output.

Yep, my mate was going to buy a new UT fuel pump and found out the same pump some on Porsche 944 Turbos! lol

Back