Mates who try to guilt you

Currently reading:
Mates who try to guilt you

Seraph

Orka inte
anyone got any mates who try to guilt them into stuff...

I sold my clio to one of my friends (bare in mind he'd just written off another car and he's flat broke) I sold him the car, years mot, nice alloy wheels, 80k miles and all in al a really good runner. The only reason it kept costing me, was cos i kept deciding i wanted to modify it...
anyways, I sold it mates rate, at £400 (which is roughly the cost of the alloy bloody wheels and their brand new tyres). Problem is, it's an old car...so you expect a few problems.
I sold him the car over 2yrs back. He's now whining that I've sold him a POS car, and that it's always broken. Almost as if he's wanting me to give him money for me selling him a lame horse. I'm quite a nice person so i just nod and smile. But i really wanna turn around and say "if the clutch has gone twice in 6 months, and it never went once when i was driving it (or in fact any other driver), does that not say something about your driving"

Anyway, over to you, do your mates try and rob you of money, or guilt you into doin stuff... or are my mates just a set of bast^rds!?!

Never sell a car to a mate - it'll always come back down to you. Even if its in 5 years time and it needs a new bulb - it'll be your fault ;)

Yeah, always told that, only sold my Laguna to my gf's mum since I was pretty sure 1) that her mum is very mature about things (funnily enough) and 2) I am pretty sure it will be reliable :) 3) she got a bargain.

Seraph said:
Anyway, over to you, do your mates try and rob you of money, or guilt you into doin stuff... or are my mates just a set of bast^rds!?!
Headbutt him THEN tell him what a knob jockey he is. You did him a favour darn it, he should be greatful.

If he was expecting a French Super Car (don't know any :confused:) then he can sell that, go to whatever showroom and purchase one!

Your mate is a bum!

dave said:
tell him not to drive around with his foot resting on the clutch peddle, and to put handbrake on at junctions on hills not use clutch to hold the car.
and tell him its a girls car anyway :p

infact, I nearly told him al of the above...

I'm a little worried as to how the hell he's driving the damn thing if he's broken 2 clutch cables...and he's like 31.. so god knows when he learned to drive.

I was going to say never sell a car to someone you know too.
Except I sold my Fiesta (which was very reliable and cheap to run, except tyres - £75 a tyre is a bit too much) to my sister.
She's had a couple of problems with it, but it would help if she did things like at least noticed that one of the tyres was flat :rolleyes:. Then she would understand why even after it was reinflated it had huge wear on the sides.
H

Trancendental said:
If he was expecting a French Super Car (don't know any :confused:)

French supercars:
Renault Alpine A610 Turbo, Venturi Atlantique, Renault 5 Turbo......

Back to the subject - couldn't agree more, bloke is being a tosser. You helped him out with what sounds a fair deal, tell him to stop bloody whinging :mad: it was 2 years ago he bought it!!

Been there,done that, got the t-shirt.Its happened to me about 3 times with cars that were in good nic when i sold em.You obviously sold the car with a gun at his head and he had no choice but to buy it! As for you going round in the dead of night and tampering with his clutch cable (x2) you should be ashamed of yourself! When will you sort of people learn that this is not the sort of after sales service people want nowadays!I bet youve scuffed his alloys and sanded down the tread on his tyres too!and how did you manage that cigarette burn in the seat without setting the alarm off!!? tut tut

Hehe, with the underlines on the main forum thread list I read this as "Mates trying to quilt you" :D

I recently backed out of selling my nearly new Canon Ixus 2 to my then GF's mum. Just got a feeling I would be held responsible for a while.

moogs said:
Hehe, with the underlines on the main forum thread list I read this as "Mates trying to quilt you" :D
:eek: I thought it was that too. I thought it might be another phrase for "mates who try to fleece you" :eek:
H

Clearly not your mate if he is trying that old chesnut.

If he dont like it, sell it, 2 years down the line or 2 weeks down the line its nothing to do with you and if he was a mate he would know that.

i no how ya feeling there m8,,before i got my fiat,i had a old e30 bmw m3 was my pride and joy,,,had big ass chromes on it,,was wicked,,,any way i never used it,,and my m8 always wanted to buy it,,and he alway done my head in ,i want it i want it,,so in the end i sold it to him,,,,,for 3500.k was a bargain ,,,any way,,,after 5 weeks of havin it he got a petrol leek,,,next day he was driving it,,and it blew up,,on him,,,and guess what it my fault so he say,,,and he wanted he money bac,,so me being me ,,didnt give the **** he money bac,,but gave he a smack for tryin it,,,,now we not m8s and all i can say ,,good,,,,lol

Back