General master key

Currently reading:
General master key

tracey18

does anyone know if a 1996 sx punto need a master key. because im buying one and ive been told that a 96 onwards dont need them anymore. is this true.

hi dave, every day i read on the thread i explore that your information is great dave. this the first time i send a msg on the thread so i hope that u will help me, i have a punto mk1 1999 with one blue key and one red key with card that wrote on it the mechanic code and elctronic code, and simply i need to know the process of how can make a copy of the blue key that i use every day. thank u very much, and if also there is another suggestion from any other friend on that wonderful site am waiting, thanks

Last edited:
hi dave, every day i read on the thread i explore that your information is great. this the first time i send a msg on the thread so i hope that u will help me, i have a punto mk1 1999 with one blue key and one red key with card that wrote on it the mechanic code and elctronic code, and simply i need to know the process of how can make a copy of the blue key that i use every day. thank u very much, and if also there is another suggestion from any other friend on that wonderful site am waiting, thanks

you take your blue key to a key cutters or lock smith, and they should have a machine that not only copies the metal bit of the key but also the coded bit, so you get an exact copy of the blue that you have :)

welcome to here :)
sorry for repeating msg. i really appreciate your answering. so in this case i dont need to use my red key?just going to lock smithand make a copy and put it into socket and start ignition?

Back