marios cafe, westhoughton...

Currently reading:
marios cafe, westhoughton...

I heard Westhoughton was the hearse making capital of the uk once (i think Coleman Milne or someone based there), and after seeing that breakfast, im not suprised.
When working for a Ford dealer in the mid-80s they told me that as they sold a lot of Fiestas would I like to have a Granada? Odd I thought, only the Dealer
Principal drove a Granny. When they brought it round it was champagne in colour and apart from the fact it used my week's petrol allowance in 3 days it was great. What was it? It was a stretched Ghia Estate and would normally have been black. The other problem was that it wasn't very maneouvrable. The car in itself might not have been much of a Babe Magnet but fold the back seats down and no more cramp during passion. Oh almost forgot to mention, the Granada was a conversion by Coleman Milne.

If they could change the eggs to scrambled and the bacon to more sausages, I'd quite like it. Doubt I could do it in 20 mins though :eek:
I think that half way round the world for breakfast could be seen as being a little excessive in the present climate.

Last edited:
Wow, that’s not so much a breakfast, more a way of life!!!!!!

Many years ago I passed the Cattlemen’s Ranch (I think it was in Harrogate) and they used to do a Steak Challenge. If you could eat a 72oz steak, plus all the chips and veg, inside an hour, you could have it for free. I seem to recall the record stood at under 20 minutes! I hope they remove the hooves before they serve it up. They later added a similar Fish challenge which was around 2 or 2½lb of Cod inside the hour would also be free. Although I suspect it’s hard to find a 2lb+ Cod these days.

I managed 10 Fish Fingers and 4 medium (jacket potatoes) mashed up with butter) plus a small pot of beans tonight:yum:. I had done a lot of exercise this afternoon though and I am not feeling too well now I have forced it all down. My former skinny status is under a lot of threat these days
:eek::D

When working for a Ford dealer in the mid-80s they told me that as they sold a lot of Fiestas would I like to have a Granada? Odd I thought, only the Dealer
Principal drove a Granny. When they brought it round it was champagne in colour and apart from the fact it used my week's petrol allowance in 3 days it was great. What was it? It was a stretched Ghia Estate and would normally have been black. The other problem was that it wasn't very maneouvrable. The car in itself might not have been much of a Babe Magnet but fold the back seats down and no more cramp during passion. Oh almost forgot to mention, the Granada was a conversion by Coleman Milne.

was it as bad as this scorpio?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C87677/

hmm funnily enough i havent heard of this place, looks like its worth a visit :D

Hmmm, well i'm not going to get mine for free as I dont like black pudding, plus i'd have to ask for the sausages to be 'well done' :rolleyes:

Back