General Marea Weekend Temp Gauge Rising & Cut Out problems?

Currently reading:
General Marea Weekend Temp Gauge Rising & Cut Out problems?

dando

Dear All, Hi. I am new to this forum and would like help with my Fiat Marea Weekend 1.6 16v S Reg, 65k mileage approx, petrol. This car has served me very well for over 3 years now, but lately the temp gauge seems to shoot up to almost the red line (max) after only driving the car for about 5-10mins. When this happens, there are no signs of the car performing badly or other symptoms. However, the car has now begun to completely cut out, usually after braking slightly harder when stopping at light signals etc.
The temp gauge rises up to max and stays there for approx 5 mins, then, quite randomly, it will begin to fall back to mid (normal levels) again, then again it will rise etc etc.
The cut outs will happen randomly also, but mainly when I come to a halt, the engine will just lose power and switch off.
I was wondering if these two things were related in any way?
Any light shed on these issues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My temp guage was doing something similar to yours, up then ok, then shoot up etc etc.

The car is in being fixed at the moment (marea 1.6 16V), it was diagnoised as a hole in the radiator, which was letting air into the cooling system, causing an airlock in the system.

Getting the car back tomorrow so will have to see if the prob is fixed.

Maybe something similar with your car, airlock in cooling system? Try bleeding the cooling system with the engine running, theres a bleed screw at the back of the engine and one at the top of the rad.

Worth a try!
Pernic

Back