Technical marea weekend 105 jtd maf sensor

Currently reading:
Technical marea weekend 105 jtd maf sensor

badladjohn

hi guys ,newbie here,found this site great.just got a marea weekend 105 jtd its a 2000 model.was horrified with its lack of performance!.tried disconnecting the maf and it went like hell.cleaned it with carb cleaner and it is now a lot better.my question is with the maf disconnected it pulled like hell and made the red line easily, with it cleaned and reconnected the performance is not as good it struggles to make the red line.should the performance with a good maf sensor be better than with the maf disconnected?. also has anyone used a non original maf? are they any good?have seen one for £65 + vat at www.probedistributors.co.uk with a 3 year warrenty..thinking of trying one of these as the bosch reliability seems somewhat questionable. great site guys keep it up

those are good to use :p just dont leave it disconnected, its not meant that way ;)

i wouldnt waste money on a new one when a scrapyard will let one go for £5, maybe a tenner if you dress well and dont want to get your hands dirty.

oh and i agree that bosch are to blame for many of the reliablity problems on mareas bravos and bravas. bosch injectors are the main problem with the 1.6 engine. even bosch sparkplugs are bad, the general advice is to never use them on any car under any circumstances. halfords sell them so just imagine how bad they must be.

From bill @ shrewsury
no good with computers or spelling,i have the same problem with maf sensor been quoted £168 to replace whats my best option ?
ya, bill

managed to get one from a scrapyard for the bargain price of a quid!..dont think he knew what it was!..it was off a 2.0 20v petrol..checked the part number agains my original one..both the same..works a treat...quid well spent!

hi there,

mee too have a dirty MAF from the day one i got my jtd105. again, i must thanks for those put up the DIY on how to clean up a MAF. it is from brovo/a club.

i did clean using carb clearner at the first time by just spraying it. put it back and it doen't feel right yet. then took it out one more time and give a bit more time to soak it follow by cotton bud wiping. make sure nothing left inside the tiny hole and put it back. wa lah... really power.

the grim stuck at the sensor is not easy get rid off. need some wiping. now, my jtd105 has been running for about 30,000Km from the last clean. still good. i must say we must take care the air filter. use original and don't go for oiled opened port. it will make the MAF gets dirty very soon.

i don't think the MAF will get spoil easily. it is a very simply thermo sensor with minimum electronics. give it more cleaning before changing one.

good luck.

Back