Technical Marea poor tunning misfire

Currently reading:
Technical Marea poor tunning misfire

AMAZON

We have a 2001 Marea weekend 1.6 which has done 52,000 miles which we have owned since new. The problem is the car has started to misfire on an intermitent basis lacking power at low revs and the orange engine management lights has been coming on. When I fill it full of fuel it runs better and I have also put in Redex fuel cleaner that appeared to improve the running. I also looked for a fuel filter and was unable to find it.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

most likely a faulty injector, very common on the 1.6, easily fixed. you can measure the resistance of each injector, they should al be 16.5ohms, much less (under 13ohms) and they need replacing. scrapyard injectors will save you a few quid, fitting isn't very hard.

I have bought a new Lambda sensor which I am going to try first. If that fails will investigate the injectors. How do you measure the resistance on the injectors?
Many thanks for your help.

Just to give you an update. Fitted a new Lambda sensor and put in a can of Wynns Dry Fuel and taken the car for a good run in mixed road conditions and it is running great and is back to normal. Delighted and thanks.

Back