Technical Marea heater fan not working?

Currently reading:
Technical Marea heater fan not working?

keef6666

Hi,
I have a 1999 Marea 1.8 HLX, the heater fan will not work at all. It is an air conditioned model and I have checked all the fuses etc as a matter of course, I have also tried putting onto 'MAX DEF' but still no fans etc....
HELP:confused:

there is a resistor pack that controls the blower motor. it can burn out. follow the wires from the blower motor, they go directly to the resistor pack. remove it check inside for evidence of any burning. in many cases you can see melted plastic where the wiring connector connects to it.

another option is the switch that you use to select fan speeds. replacing that is a bit of an inconvenience.

either way scrapyard replacements are cheap and easy to find.

:eek:
Hi,
Looked at workshop manual for Marea heater circuit and locations etc..... Have checked blower motor that is ok......I believe I forgot to mention it was a aircon model.
Anyway the speed governor Resistor pack) has burnt out, right where the connectors fit to the casing must be a common fault.
Just need to locate a new one with this cold spell as my wife is using my Multipla and my stress levels are increasing!!!!
(y)

Back