Technical Marea alarm - can it be isolated?

Currently reading:
Technical Marea alarm - can it be isolated?

davethehorse

The alarm system is not working properly (flat batteries on it I think) and it now seems responsible for turning my indicator lights on intermittantly, leaving all four on permanently without flashing.

This prevents the indicators from working when driving and flattens the battery - it does when the ignition is off too.

Now I just want to isolate it and but it appears the supply to the alarm is off a fuse that also supplys the instrumentation panel!

Anyone know how to do it - at the moment I have removed the emergency light fuse as this at least knocks off the lights without knocking of the actual indicators.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Polecat,

Unfortunately not - not all UK models have this useful feature and mine hasnt got it :mad:

I find it hard to believe it doesnt have its own fuse - the 10a fuse that would isolate it also cuts out the main instument gauges on the dash :mad: :mad:

From looking though posts it seems the only way to access it is by removing the near side front wheel, removing the wheel arch trim to access the alarm (stupid place to put it) and pulling out the connectors although I dont know if doing this will impact on any other systems like central locking etc.

I also have a central locking problem where the rear hatch and near side front and rear doors are showing as being open on the dash when in fact they are shut - is this likely to be a faulty system control unit (the one in the glove box)?

Any ideas much appreciated as I need this sorting ASAP as going away in it on Thursday!!

Could be door switches but I wouldnt expect 3 to go at once so I will try and get a cheap control unit if I can from a scrapper.

Thanks for the advice.

Anyone else had problems relating to their indicators staying on permanently (without flashing and all 4 of them) even with the key out?

Can only be the alarm as when the alarm fuse is pulled out its OK - trouble is the instrument clocks and radio are off the same fuse :mad:

Back