Technical Marea 2.4td injector warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 2.4td injector warning light

Jase_2.4td

I have a 97 marea weekend 2.4td. The injector warning light comes on when first started then after about 3-5 mins it goes out with no performance problems. The only problem being is it runs a bit lumpy when first started but soon clears up. I have taken it to the fiat garage for diagnostics, they said it is the glow plug timer/relay but i thought that wouldn't be anything to do with the injection system, and dont really want too spend £80 plus labour for something I dont need.
Any help would be great
Cheers
Jason

My light came on intermittantly - it turned out to be a cracked fuel pipe... one of the rubber fuel return pipes, so it was easy to fix for a few £.

Thanks for that but I have checked and its not that, had the relay replaced today but still the same fault. Fiat have said it might be a connection somewhere. But the light still comes on for about 5 mins then goes out untill restarted.
Help!!!

Could be one of a hundred things! Take it to any garage with a code reader & get them to just read the codes & take it from there,I know its not the answer you want but you can be messing around for ages getting nowhere otherwise.

I have the same problem with my 20 valve petrol engine, sometimes on startup the injector warning light comes on, then clears afer a few minutes. Power is down while it's lit. I guess the answer is the same - no quick, easy fix? I've had the car nearly 3 years & it's always done it; it's just become more frequent. Am I wise to carry on ignoring it ?

Ta, Ian

Any EOBD compliant code reader should do depending on year of car,I fear 97 is too early though I'm afraid.You could always just ask Fiat dealer to read codes only nothing more,£10-15max! Price of a curry......... :confused: could just go a lamb bhoona now come to think of it ;)

Thanks for all those comments but I decided to replace all of the glowplugs and guess what no problems now, so watch out for those fiat dealers trying to get as much money out of you as possible!!!!!!!

Back