Technical Marea 100 sx weekend problem

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 100 sx weekend problem

Shooter

I have just bought a 99(V) marea 100 sx weekend, and I have a problem with the red injector light coming on (from cold and stopping on even when warm) and the engine misfiring.I have searched the forum for similar threads but didn't find one with the exact same problem.

I have just had it mot'd and it failed on emissions, (injector light was on and misfiring) so I had a diagnostic to find cause of emission failure which garage sorted to get it through mot.

Result of diagnostic came up with misfire due to fault on number 3 injector/circuit.

I have put some injection cleaner in the tank and done about 80 miles since,would this be enough to have cleared any blockage or should I do some more mileage?I dont want to knacker my cat up.

I have also got a spark at the HT lead, but I couldn't check the spark plug as I didn't have a socket set, going to borrow one tomorrow.

So after I have checked for sparking at the plug, what else should I be checking for?

Sorry for the long post.

Hi Shooter and welcome to our forum.

You should check the plug condition and the colour of the business end. Check for arcing around the plug connector. Check the leads for signs of cracking and/or tracking.

Check the electrics around the injectors. If the problem hasn't cleared up within a couple of hundred miles of putting cleaner in then it's likely not going to. See if you can pick up a recon injector.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I thought I would add a reply as it might help someone else.

Fault with car was injector, had a new one fitted and car is now running great.

Back