Technical Marea 1.6 Sx Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 1.6 Sx Problem

jamgeo

Bloody Thing!!!
Can Anyone Help, I've Just Been Looking At My Wifes 97 Marea Parked On The Front And Thought I'd Give It A Wash As It's Been Behaving Lately, So I Drove It On To The Drive (no Problem Started First Time) Washed,cleaned And Its Sparkling, Only Thing Is It Now Refuses To Start. All Warning Lights Normal (coming On/going Off) Timing Belt Intact Had Plugs Out They Seem Ok Slight Smell Petrol. I've Been Trying It All Afternoon. Did Fire Once But That Was In Approx 4 Hours Of Trying. (not Continuous) It Is A Bit Quirky In That If You Dont Wait Until The Injector Light Goes Out Before You Start It It Runs Rough.(is This Normal?) But If You Abide By That One Rule It Starts First Time Always. I've Also Tried Both Of Our Keys. Any Ideas Thanks Jamgeo

Just to add to what i've already put i've tried starting it again no luck the plugs are dry (no fuel delivery) puzzled now on how to check the pump and relay/s) and their location. I've tried listening to the pump on cranking/after cranking and can't hear a thing. i've tested the voltage at the pump (i'm no expert, but got nothing. I personally think its the fuel pump power cicuit or relay i,m just not sure where it is!
(i've checked for spark and its fine)(also had thick black fuel lines near manifold off while cranking and very little fuel at either (i assume one is a return)thanks so far!!
graham

Last edited:
What a pearl of wisdom, the fuel cut out switch. Under the passenger seat sits a little secret. didn't find it the haynes only thanks to you that it's now fixed. spanners away shut garage door,back in business thanks very much!!!!
Graham

Back