Technical map sensor

Currently reading:
Technical map sensor

m_aver_ick

hi had my ecu read and it says my map sensors went is it just a case of changing manifold or can it be more tricky

ive also got an oil leak from the top of my engine ive had 3 rocker cover gaskets do you think changing rocker cover would solve it

cheers mick

ive also got an oil leak from the top of my engine ive had 3 rocker cover gaskets do you think changing rocker cover would solve it

I replaced mine just 2 months ago and its started to leak again.. The best rocker gasket to get is from Fiat alot better quality and thicker (witch i didnt do), after you remove old gasket, clean surfaces well, swear a thin layer of blue hylomar(sp) on the bottom surface and then fit new gasket to the cover and replace cover, dont over tighten bolts and i would use blue hylomar sealant its the best when it comes to the punto gaskets.. (y)

OP
OP
m_aver_ick

m_aver_ick

i dont know what gaskets they used i put it in the garage but cheers m8 ill try the gasket from fiat
where do yo get the sealent from?

i saw a map sensor on ebay for 35 think i shuld try that instead of new manifold sounds kinda obviouse dont it

cheers