MAP Help

Currently reading:
MAP Help

Wales and North Yorkshire are best for waterfalls and N. Yorks is a bit too far North for your trip. Instead of the M6, go to Ross and then up the A49 through Herefordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire to the M56 then 20 minutes to
Manchester. Loads of bars, restaurants and hotels there. Plenty of shops from
Harvey Nicholls and Zara to Zandra Rhodes and Calvin Klein. You can eat at Burger King and McDonalds to Raymond Blanc and The Living Room or Panacea, the last two a haunt of Premiership footballers, if you like that kind of thing. On the way up, the A49 is a fast 60 limit road with some nice views, a good selection of pubs for some lunch and quite a few passing opportunities. When you get near Whitchurch you can turn East towards Alton Towers.

Come to Manchester, it's not that bad. Trafford Centre is a good shopping place but really its not the sort of place you'd go if you were coming to the city.

Best bet, is to park up at a Metrolink park and ride, hop on a tram and get into the city centre. Have a look around new arndale centre - harvey nichs - printworks - Next - Market stret - Picadilly Gardens - China town. To finish get yourself down to the Hilton on deansgate and go up to Cloud 23 for some aperitifs and an incredible view over the city centre!

I have driven past the trafford center almost every day since it was a hole in the ground.........believe me, there is nothing special about it. I went in when it first opened and I was that impressed with the place I have been back at least..... twice. If you dont want to visit the city-center (its no different from any other city-center apart from the locals accent) a short detour from the M-way will take you to Jodrell Bank, Tatton Park or Quarry bank mill in Style (which has a water-wheel but sadly not a waterfall), any of which might tick some of your boxes.

Back