General Manifold/Airbox Question

Currently reading:
General Manifold/Airbox Question

On every other FIRE engined Fiat I've owned there has been a silver tube connecting the top of the manifold to the bottom of the airbox. On the Panda there is a hole at the bottom of the airbox, but none at the top of the manifold. In fact the manifold appears to be different to any other I've seen on a 999cc FIRE.

In the hot weather it's not a problem, but it might pose a problem when the winter sets in. Or am I worrying about nothing?

Having thought about it, as my car is fuel injected will it make any difference at all?

I'll post a picture of the manifold later on.

The brackets I've seen on the manifolds of "FIRE" engined Pandas are bent metal things held on by a couple of the manifold bolts - you could add one if you felt it was needed.

AFAIK an injected Panda is nowhere near as prone to icing as a carbed one because the fuel delivery is pulsed at full flow from the injector, rather than the continuous fine flow (with all the cooling by evaporation) which a carb has.

You might also find the manifold heating arrangement is a bit different too.

Yes Jim. Here's a pic of the top of the manifold and the bottom of the airbox. Sorry about the quality, it was taken with my phone.

Attachments

• 13-07-05_1940.jpg
    13-07-05_1940.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 12
it's (too) easy to leave the bracket/mounting plate off when you refit the manifold after a head gasket change.

I'd expect you could liberate one from a scrapyard with a 15mm deep socket (but check the size before you go.. :))

Steve said:
Would I not need to change the manifold though. Any other 999cc Fire manifold I've seen has a flat top with the hole leading out of it. This one is all curvy and funky.

Would it affect the car adversely if I left it as it is?

If it will, then Jim, I'll take you up on that offer, but I'm busy this weekend. :)

heat rises ;) So i wouldnt have thought it makes any difference as the plate is only holding the tube, not forcing any airflow through it :)

Back