Man.. ecar insurance sucks.

Currently reading:
Man.. ecar insurance sucks.

DaDudee

I've been waiting for around a month for them to send me a policy document to my new address, they haven't even updated it online yet. I have spent about 20 minutes on hold listening to crap music trying to get through to them, I even rang 2 mins after they open. I refuse to spend any more cash trying to call them. They took the payment out again a few days ago, cheeky sods and still haven't updated my new address and ignored my e-mail I sent 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
I hate insurance companies - i could go round and shoot them all. Except maybe Tesco's or CIS.

Im with more than at the moment because they are the cheapest, but its a case of pay peanuts get monkeys.

Im with ecar and have been on all my cars. A few others have been on here as well.

Had no problems with them, certainly not had the fuss you've been having

I was with CIS for many years - they were the first to insure my PUG pickup as a car rather than a builder's van & my insurance costs plummeted.
Only left them when they put their premiums up.
Used to have fully comp with zero excess & no windscreen payments then suddenly they wanted £150 xs & £50 windscreen & even with 70% NCB their quote was sky high.
Found cheapest quote with more than. been with them a few years & are really quick off the mark when dealing with claims but their call centre for customer querries is manned by Asians (or based in Pakistan) so they are incredibly difficult to understand / make them understand.
(as Joshua says... they are the cheapest, but its a case of pay peanuts get monkeys.)
I'll be seriously looking around next year.

never had a problem with them

i have had policy documents through the next day when I have done any updates - so much easier for me as i used to keep changing cars :eek:

If i want to speak to more than now, i hit the line for 'if you have called us recently regarding a query'. The last two times i have been put through to a call centre in London where they understand me better - but still not quite.

When i last had my car in the garage, i required a courtesy car, and had to insure it myself, so i put the Grande Punto from the garage (ver nice car i might add (y)) on as a temporary car for the 3 days it would be in approximately. Receive my paperwork through the post later on in week, and the idiots have put it on as a second car :mad:. Had to ring them up again, making the whole thing a right kerfuffle.

try calling the quote line rather than customer services.

I think it says you can only get a quote online. Sent another e-mail and no reply :mad: . I am left with "you have made a mid term adjustment we need to blah blah". I will have to call again and hold line while costing me £ :yuck:

I hate insurance companies - i could go round and shoot them all. Except maybe Tesco's or CIS.

Im with more than at the moment because they are the cheapest, but its a case of pay peanuts get monkeys.

pay peanuts get monkeys, certainly true!

Back