Makes my blood boil sometimes.

Currently reading:
Makes my blood boil sometimes.

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
Yup, I have always wanted to riot for something, and burning the DVLA lots place down would be a good start, but first I have a prior engagment with a bent traffic warden.

OP
OP
Hellcat

Hellcat

zombie nation
There is no reasonable cause for a private company to request your name and address from your vehicle details. If there is reasonable cause then it should have got to the point where the police are called.

Then if there is no reasonable cause, nobody ever gets your info.

But there will be reasonable cause reasons.

custard

this was raised before and is worrying due to the loose term of reasonable cause.eg MBNA ,one of the biggest direct marketing(junk mail)companies in the UK has access to the details as they have a small car park at one of there offices

OP
OP
Hellcat

Hellcat

zombie nation
Who's protecting our interests? The DVLA get money each time someone requests details. Conflict of interest?

Has nobody read the page?!

4.1. Information will be disclosed on condition that it relates to, and will be used only in connection with, an enquiry relating to the identification of a vehicle keeper for a parking contravention/trespass on private property.
NO OTHER USE IS PERMITTED.​

brava007

Doesnt seem a problem until somewho the information is gained when it shouldnt

The Negotiator said:
Has nobody read the page?!

[/CENTER]
There has been a documentary on TV about this before.

They give out details without checking who they are giving them to. They have given out vehicle and owner details to convicted criminals (I know you like that word) and cowboy clampers and vehicle removal companies.